Subject: The real order of battle for War at Sea. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Veenenberg
Netherlands
Vinkeveen
Utrecht
flag msg tools
The game have turns of 6 months length starting on 1 april 1940.

KM SK Admiral Graf Spee and HMS BB Royal Oak were then gone....... but both are included in the game.
Players may decide to leave them out or include both into play.

Turn 1: april 1940 - september 1940
HMS CV Illustrious

Turn 2: october 1940 - March 1941
HMS BB Queen Elizabeth
HMS BB King George V
HMS CV Formidable
SM BB Caio Duilio
SM BB Andrea Doria

Turn 3: april 1941 - september 1941
HMS BB Prince of Wales
HMS CV Victorious
HMS CA London
KM BB Bismarck
KM CA Prinz Eugen
BB Richelieu

Turn 4: october 1941 - March 1942
Leaving: BB Prince of Wales and BC Repulse for the far East (or 2 other
identical ships) + 1 of the fast carriers (0-2-7).
HMS BB Duke of York
HMS CV Indomitable
KM BB Tirpitz

Turn 5: april 1942 - september 1942
Leaving BB's for the far East.Rolling a die: 1 = 0 BB's, 2-3 = 1 BB; 4-5 = 2 BB's, 6 = 3 BB's
HMS BB Anson
SM BB Roma

Turn 6: october 194 - March 1943
HMS BB Howe

Optional ships:
SM CV Aquila (see rules for Impero to enter the game)
SM BB Impero (see Impero entrance rules)
KM CV Graf Zeppelin (see Graf Zeppelin entrance rules)

If the Aquila OR Graf Zeppelin enters play the fast British carrier send to the far East returns into play.

The leaving of British ships may only played in combination with
British Admiral rules (3rd edition) and British options to raid the Italian fleet after returning to the home port (Taranto) with LBA and carriers in the Med if no German surface ships are present and after
ASW attacks have been resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sosa
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
I will break him.
mbmbmbmbmb
This historical OOB is interesting but does it do anything to encourage Allied intervention in the Mediterranean? You indicate it should be used with the Admiral rules, why? Because the British will miss those fast ships in the Barents or Med? The rules allow you to base in Russia or Malta if failing a speed roll, so I'm not sure if the Admirals are necessary.

I do like the option of attacking Italian ships at port with carriers if the Italian navy does not contest the British. It is worth testing although I can see overkill. T1 the British send a large force to the Med, too big for the Italians to challenge. British then can target every single ship at harbor. Things may become lopsided. Still worth trying.

Still I don't understand the German ship present exception to using carrier air against the Italians. These are the sort of exceptions that drive me nuts in war-games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Brits send that big of a force (we're talking like 7 BBs, 3 CAs, and 3 CVs here) then the Germans will have an easy time of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.