Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard announced, a few days ago, his planned projects for 2006. Amoung them were plans to begin work on a revised edition of Conquistador for GMT Games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted today at Consimworld:

Quote:
I have begun rules draft work on CONQUISTADOR . . . and intend to have a workable version at our Sysop's little house party, Monstercon. Trying to keep as much of the flow of the original within the context of a new set of systems and mechanics. And have a lot more interaction. - RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
More from Richard as the work continues:

Quote:
(The) CONQUISTADOR design is actually moving along rather swifty . . . lots of good ideas (hopefully) will give this a rather different feel, gamewise, from the old game. Actually, what I used from the old game is the historical info . . .and very few of the mechanics.

...CONQUISTADOR is moving a lot faster than I thought it would . . . I need to do a map (I've been using the old one, which works fine for tinkering but is not what we will be using . . . well it will be a map of The New World, but no hexes.)

Neil Randall is working - well he's suppposed to be working - on expanding the possible "events", as we will need lots more, as the scope of the game has shifted, it has also been extended to 1700, and we will need one deck for the Exploration game, and one for the Exploitation game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Today's quote:

Quote:
...what IS moving along right smartly is the redo of CONQUISTADOR . . . which is almost ready for initial testing. (By me, not playtesters.)

I will be opening a new folder for the new CONQUISTADOR shortly, so what we're doing with that doesn't interfere with discussion of the older version. And then we'll use that folder for the usual Public Playtest stuff. Next week . . .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Goff
United States
Aiken
South Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
Clemson Tigers!!
mbmbmbmbmb
The new folder has been opened at Consimworld:

Quote:
We have just opened a folder for the new version of CONQUISTADOR, which is quickly rounding into initial shape. We should have a nice playtest map (as we did for PAX, altho it won't look like that), and we hope to have a whole new look (system and mechanics-wise) at this "classic". You can check out how things develop over in the injdividual Games (Other) section of Boardgaming.

http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX?13@235.FtdCbdryXSD.629521@....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Buj
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!
What happened with new version of Conquistador? Anybody knows if playtesting have started?
Is a wonderful game...I would like to play a new version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lawson
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alberto Buj wrote:
Hi!
What happened with new version of Conquistador? Anybody knows if playtesting have started?
Is a wonderful game...I would like to play a new version.

Okay, after Richard's mention in a Civ forum entry, I went perusing the CSW folder for Revised Conquistador. However, the last entry was Oct 19, 2007, so I've no idea how things stand.

Richard, I don't suppose you could fill us in on some of the design details and how far along things are? This is another one of those "I guess we'll never see this one again" entries from the past.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Randall
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Work has restarted on the new Conquistador.

Anyone want to playtest when it's ready?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Berg
United States
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been played several times, mostly recently at BROGFest (in February), and will be available for playing at Monstercon in 2 weeks . . .

RHB

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Berry
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Any update on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its 2016 - WHERE IS MY REVISED CONQUISTADOR GAME!?

Please?

:)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just asked this in the revised version page, still awaiting a reply. Go here for more info:

Age of Conquistadors: 1492-1512

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mifsud
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Chris, following that game now and put my name down for a pre-order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.