Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MJ Ginger
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the engineer can shore up 2 tiles for one action. Does this mean that shoring up counts as 1/2 action? So, for example, can I shore up one tile, (1/2 action), move two spaces (2 actions), and then shore up another tile (1/2 action)? Or does the shoring up of 2 tiles for one action have to be done at the same time?

I've been playing it that the tiles have to be shored up at the same time, but it would certainly make the engineer more desirable if shoring up essentially counted for 1/2 action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Skink
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
not how we view the rules or how play, no half actions

Engineer can shore up to 2 tiles per action, so, for example - if he can he does, then he moves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
MJGinger wrote:
So, the engineer can shore up 2 tiles for one action. Does this mean that shoring up counts as 1/2 action? So, for example, can I shore up one tile, (1/2 action), move two spaces (2 actions), and then shore up another tile (1/2 action)? Or does the shoring up of 2 tiles for one action have to be done at the same time?

I've been playing it that the tiles have to be shored up at the same time, but it would certainly make the engineer more desirable if shoring up essentially counted for 1/2 action.

Shoring up twice has to be done for one action, there and then. It cannot be either split, saved, nor carried over.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MJGinger wrote:

That's how we've always played it and the card wording (as well as the rest of the game) seems to indicate there is no "splitting" of action points. The Engineer's best utility for us has been to helicopter into the middle of big flooded area and start shoring up the tiles under and surrounding them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MJ Ginger
United States
Rochester
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all! That's what I thought, but just wanted to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.