GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,725 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Star Wars: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: "Put into play" vs "Play from hand" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Human Replica Droid say after winning an Edge battle it is "put into play from your hand ...". I assume this means it comes out of your hand to the table at no resource cost.

Admiral Akbar says during an engagement "play this unit from your hand ...". It's not clear to me if that is the same as above, and it simply jumps from your hand to the table at no resource cost. If so, why the different wording? And if not, what is the procedure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mads l. brynnum
Denmark
2400 Kbh. NV
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the rules put into play is free where as you pay to play a card. So the droid is a freebie but you have to spend resources to field Ackbar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Willner
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, Akbar (and similarly worded cards) are really just creating their own, surprising, deployment phase but have to pay full resource cost. I can see it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hanson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrooklynMike wrote:
So, Akbar (and similarly worded cards) are really just creating their own, surprising, deployment phase but have to pay full resource cost. I can see it.

Correct. Ackbar and Backstabber can both be played during an engagement and both have an ability that makes this type of deployment preferable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Roberts
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So at what point can you play Backstabber to best effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.