Subject: rulebook pdf ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Trouman
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been searching through the BGG-files of AoS and also googled... but I can't find the complete rulebook anywhere. I have had the game for 2-3 years now without playing it... Had the rulebook out to read it .. but now I can't find it !!
Does anybody know of a downloadable pdf of the rulebook... or an online store where it can be purchased?

thanks in advance for any replies

Martin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
NO, you won't find it. John Bohrer who runs Winsome games is adamant about NOT allowing his intellectual property to be disseminated in electronic form. Please oh please, let's not start that thread again!

robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierce Ostrander
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically... Railroad Tycoon is freely available on line.

Bohrer is a Dinosaur...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Trouman
Denmark
Frederiksberg
flag msg tools
mbmb
yes I now know.... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/704699#704699

it has been discussed before...

anyway, now it seems I've "found" my rules after all. Time to dig that game out from that back of the closet...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fubar awol wrote:

I don't get the irony. The rules to Railroad Tycoon is copyright Eagle Games, the rules to Age of Steam is copyright Winsome Games. Two different companies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Strauss
Germany
Berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I´m trying to get 300 years old, so now I´m a teenager
mbmbmbmbmb
Great Dane wrote:
fubar awol wrote:

I don't get the irony. The rules to Railroad Tycoon is copyright Eagle Games, the rules to Age of Steam is copyright Winsome Games. Two different companies.

Yes, but the Rules from RRT are mostly a streamlined version of the AOS Rules and maybe that´s why a little Winsome Games Logo is at the side of the RRT box

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then, I guess, it is also ironic that the rules for Volldampf (TM-Spiele) is available on the net as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also TransAmerica and now the TransEuropa game. Licensed from Winsome Games, see the logo on the back of the box?

John
Pittsburgh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Aguila
Chile
Puerto Montt
Chile
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not know that WG is thinking...

a) If the put the rules on-line they will lose theirs Copyrights?
b) If they put the rules on-line someone will try to copy it and after that putting a similar game in the market?
c) If they put the rules on-line probably will sell more games, they don't have?
d) If they don't put the rules on-line probably will sell more games, whenever an owner loses them?
d) If they don't put the rules on-line it would be more difficult to infringe the law for imitators?

If the answer for only one questiion is positive, I'd understand their position.

As rational beings that we are, in general it is more agreeable to understand the reason behind every decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marioaguila wrote:

As rational beings that we are, in general it is more agreeable to understand the reason behind every decision.

THe point you are missing is that John is not a rational being when it comes to this issue. OR at least not rational in the way you and I and everyone else who runs a game company and post rules is...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
marioaguila wrote:

THe point you are missing is that John is not a rational being when it comes to this issue. OR at least not rational in the way you and I and everyone else who runs a game company and post rules is...

The point you are missing is that your father, unlike John's, is not a US Federal Patent Attorney. The point you are missing is that you, unlike John, do not have a number of Patents, Trademarks and Copyrights. The point you are missing is that you might not know something John does. Rio Grande figured it out after a while, hit the books! It isn't my job to educate you, it is your own duty to yourself.

laugh

John
Pittsburgh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually John, you know nothing about me, or my father. And your business is NOT the same as Rio Grande's is. So spare us your high-horse comments, which are based on no knowledge on your part.

Funny how many companies haven't gone out of business because they post their rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I've got an 808 and a 303 and a record collection like the ABC
mbmbmbmbmb
Does putting a rulebook PDF on your own website endanger your registered trademarks, copyrights, and patents in any way? I'm not a lawyer, but I always thought that putting your own material on your own site strengthened rather than weakened claims to trademarks etc.

John, what are the legal implications that concern you? I'm genuinely curious here...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Windopaene wrote:
Please oh please, let's not start that thread again!

robot

Exactly
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.