Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicola Gambetti
Italy
Bolzano
flag msg tools
designer
And plastic for the Plastic Throne!
badge
No! This is not a board game, but Stanislao Moulinsky in one of his best disguises!
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean this: Defenders of the Realm: Global Effects Cards, then yes, they're the same randomized cards.

Consider taking a look to this geeklist for trading duplicates or even asking for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Krajewski
United States
Fitchburg
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverbuy wrote:
well no. what i mean is the cards that come in this set are they also in the global set?

There's no way to just buy the "set" of Global effect cards. You have to collect them from the Dragon expansion and the hero expansions, or via the packs on BGG. Once you have enough cards, you go to the geeklist Nicola posted to trade for ones you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I do believe that Eagle will make sets available some time this year. They committed to this a long time ago, and I think based on recent talks are planning to provide sets. Additionally, new (not randomized) Global Effects may be added to the items under development presently. At last we are working on several new things to publish this year.

Richard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Neverbuy wrote:
Ok really guys, this isn't a hard question. But somehow no one can answer it. So let's try again.

the cards that come in HERO EXPANSION #1

ok..stay with me...

Are they duplicated in the random ccg like expansion you can buy here on BGG?

and yes i CAN buy a set. A few people that have a full set of the random cards have them up for sale.

Here is the description of the "random cgg" from its BGG webpage; it answers your question.

Quote:
The Global Effects promo are a set of cards that are shuffled into the Darkness Spreads deck at the beginning of the game. As they are revealed, they will have various effects on the game, with 5 of the effects being good effects and 5 being bad.

Global Effects cards are also included in the Dragon Expansion as well as Hero Expansions 1, 2, and 3. There are currently 28 unique Global Effects cards, 14 good and 14 bad, that are randomly inserted into the expansions and card packs available via BGG. The expansions contain 6 cards, 3 good and 3 bad, while the BGG promo packs contain 10, 5 good and 5 bad.

You are able to combine Global Effects from the expansions/promos however you would like, affording a great variety from game to game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicola DID answer your question. The Global Effects cards from the Hero Expansions and those from the Global Effects packs at the BGG Store are all randomly distributed from the SAME SET OF CARDS.

EDIT: ninja'ed by Knepper
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrCrow wrote:
Nicola DID answer your question. The Global Effects cards from the Hero Expansions and those from the Global Effects packs at the BGG Store are all randomly distributed from the SAME SET OF CARDS.

EDIT: ninja'ed by Knepper

Dr. Crow, problem solved. He's from Mississippi! Alabama is most grateful for the fact that there is a Mississippi!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Sheffield
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Somehow when I recently purchased the three Hero sets, I ended up with one each of all 28 cards. Here's how they came:

Heroes #1:
war council
battle luck
blessed blades
calm before the storm
visions of monarch city
magic armor
corruption spreads
assault on monarch city

Heroes #2:
elf archers patrol
help from woodland ents
fresh supplies
fresh mounts
lesser demons
harsh winter
major assault
political bickering
poor morale
heavy rain

Heroes #3:
local raiders
local support
no reserves
organized retreat
spell of restoration
spies and henchmen
stolen battle plans
strong command
troll guards
undead surge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.