Popular Tags: [View All]
R. Sangalang
United States
Daly City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Page 7,
At any time during the Schedule Business phase, a player may remodel their Ground Floor rooms.
... the player takes the desired Remodeled Room tile from the general stock and places it on top of the corresponding Ground Floor room on their Player baord.

Page 16,
Ground Floor Rooms have unlimited use.
Remodeled Rooms are listed under Ground Floor Rooms.
(Remodeled Rooms are Ground Floor Rooms, or else remodeling means you lose your unlimited use, since Ground Floor Rooms are the only ones listed as unlimited use)

Page 17
This other room (either a previous T.I. or a Ground Floor room) becomes inaccessible to the Player; it's ability cannot be used nor can it be remodeled. However, it's Prestige Points will still count at the end of the game.

Using the above rules, it appears you can remodel a Ground Floor Room which has already been remodeled as many times as you like and cap it with a Tenant Improvement to have all the points count.
(With Office Renovation Floor, 2 time markers = 2 points, pretty strong)

I've always played you can't remodel a remodeled room (only layering T.I.'s is legal), but the rulebook isn't concise enough to defend that position. I divided the remodeled rooms and bag them for each player. However, if this "general stock" implies you can remodel more than once, I may change that. I would like an OFFICIAL ruling please.

Also,
Layering T.I.'s with Construction Admin seems to be a valid strategy.
4 time markers, 1 money, 1 info = 3 points.
(also blocking a construction spaces)
Perfect setup would be Construction Admin and Network Admin T.I and 3 total employees. Income would be 3 money, 2 info, 10 time markers, to consistently get 2 TI's per turn.
Possible point tally would be
3 for Network Admin
5 for Construction Admin
3 x 9 T.I's
10 for T.I. Achievement
Total 45 points (plus any other extra points scored in turns 1-4)
I imagine grabbing T.I. Achievement will be hard though.
You still have 1-2 time markers per turn to get points as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanospkc wrote:
Page 7,
At any time during the Schedule Business phase, a player may remodel their Ground Floor rooms.
... the player takes the desired Remodeled Room tile from the general stock and places it on top of the corresponding Ground Floor room on their Player baord.

Page 16,
Ground Floor Rooms have unlimited use.
Remodeled Rooms are listed under Ground Floor Rooms.
(Remodeled Rooms are Ground Floor Rooms, or else remodeling means you lose your unlimited use, since Ground Floor Rooms are the only ones listed as unlimited use)

Page 17
This other room (either a previous T.I. or a Ground Floor room) becomes inaccessible to the Player; it's ability cannot be used nor can it be remodeled. However, it's Prestige Points will still count at the end of the game.

Using the above rules, it appears you can remodel a Ground Floor Room which has already been remodeled as many times as you like and cap it with a Tenant Improvement to have all the points count.
(With Office Renovation Floor, 2 time markers = 2 points, pretty strong)

I've always played you can't remodel a remodeled room (only layering T.I.'s is legal), but the rulebook isn't concise enough to defend that position. I divided the remodeled rooms and bag them for each player. However, if this "general stock" implies you can remodel more than once, I may change that. I would like an OFFICIAL ruling please.

Also,
Layering T.I.'s with Construction Admin seems to be a valid strategy.
4 time markers, 1 money, 1 info = 3 points.
(also blocking a construction spaces)
Perfect setup would be Construction Admin and Network Admin T.I and 3 total employees. Income would be 3 money, 2 info, 10 time markers, to consistently get 2 TI's per turn.
Possible point tally would be
3 for Network Admin
5 for Construction Admin
3 x 9 T.I's
10 for T.I. Achievement
Total 45 points (plus any other extra points scored in turns 1-4)
I imagine grabbing T.I. Achievement will be hard though.
You still have 1-2 time markers per turn to get points as well.

When you remodel a room you must place the appropriate Remodeled Room tile. Each player may remodel each Ground Floor room at most once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Sangalang
United States
Daly City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This
"Each player may remodel each Ground Floor room at most once."
is what I needed.

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Into the player bags the remodel tokens go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

That is how I would store it. I'd also throw 1 Supply and 7 Info in each player bag, to make setup easier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

That is how I would store it. I'd also throw 1 Supply and 7 Info in each player bag, to make setup easier.

All colored wood
- discs
- ceo marker
- track markers
6 upgrade tiles
1 supply cube
7 info
9 money (you'll always make 9 money the first round)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Sangalang
United States
Daly City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

All colored wood
- discs
- ceo marker
- track markers
6 upgrade tiles
1 supply cube
7 info
9 money (you'll always make 9 money the first round)

Same here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron Chien
United States
Rancho Cucamonga
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I leave out the money, since if I'm not there to explain the game, people might think you start with $9 AND you get $9 more at the start of the first round.

Cameron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sedjtroll wrote:
When you remodel a room you must place the appropriate Remodeled Room tile. Each player may remodel each Ground Floor room at most once.

This is huge. Another player had claimed you could remodel anything anywhere, suggesting you could pile up Storage Closets over other GF rooms.

But to be super-clear, remodeling here only applies to direct upgrades of original rooms, correct? You could still conceivably stack five TI's over the same room?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Schaef wrote:
sedjtroll wrote:

This is huge. Another player had claimed you could remodel anything anywhere, suggesting you could pile up Storage Closets over other GF rooms.

But to be super-clear, remodeling here only applies to direct upgrades of original rooms, correct? You could still conceivably stack five TI's over the same room?

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian D
msg tools
Can you place TI's over remodeled rooms? The rules seem on clear on whether this is doable or not since it says "This other room (either a previous T.I. or a Ground Floor room)" implying that the other room can't be a remodeled room (unless those still count as ground floor rooms also).

Also, can you place a TI over an unremodeled room and then do a remodel and place the remodeled room on top of that TI?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arrakis328 wrote:
Can you place TI's over remodeled rooms? The rules seem on clear on whether this is doable or not since it says "This other room (either a previous T.I. or a Ground Floor room)" implying that the other room can't be a remodeled room (unless those still count as ground floor rooms also).

Also, can you place a TI over an unremodeled room and then do a remodel and place the remodeled room on top of that TI?

Remodeled Ground Floor Rooms are still ground Floor rooms.

Once replaced with a TI, a GF room is no longer a GF room, and can therefore no longer be remodeled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nyn -
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it worth mentioning that the math on points from TI's was a little fuzzy as well since you can't add the construction floor until the 2nd phase (round 4) of the game. So at most you would have 6 rounds to build TIs using the 4 time markers and 1 info / 1 money as payment. It's still a viable engine for generating points of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Sangalang
United States
Daly City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
thenyn wrote:
I thought it worth mentioning that the math on points from TI's was a little fuzzy as well since you can't add the construction floor until the 2nd phase (round 4) of the game. So at most you would have 6 rounds to build TIs using the 4 time markers and 1 info / 1 money as payment. It's still a viable engine for generating points of course.

The game is over in 9 rounds.
You can get the construction admin at end of round 4.
5,6,7,8,9 = 5 rounds left for construction.
At 2 TI's a round, its a total of 10 TI's.
I'm assuming you want TI achievement as one of your TI's,
so it's 9 three point TI's and 1 TI achievement.

Construction admin has 3 uses, but in the scenario I had it setup to use it twice per round consistently.

I'm not sure where my Math is wrong here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nyn -
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanospkc wrote:
thenyn wrote:
I thought it worth mentioning that the math on points from TI's was a little fuzzy.

The game is over in 9 rounds.
You can get the construction admin at end of round 4.
5,6,7,8,9 = 5 rounds left for construction.
At 2 TI's a round, its a total of 10 TI's.
I'm assuming you want TI achievement as one of your TI's,
so it's 9 three point TI's and 1 TI achievement.

Construction admin has 3 uses, but in the scenario I had it setup to use it twice per round consistently.

I'm not sure where my Math is wrong here.

Fuzzy does not equal wrong. It wasn't an accusation, though I was having trouble reading between the lines on how you came up with 9. I had this weird idea that you could use the floor the round you built it, but obviously that doesn't work based on the order of actions. The number would be variable based on competition for construction spaces and TIs (and your ability to manage money/data) but yes your math makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mehl
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I am understanding this correctly? You can place a T.I. over a remodeled ground floor tile. You won't be able to use that ground floor ability, however; you can use the new T.I. ability if applicable. Additionally, any discarded ground floor tiles will still count for points at the end of the game.

Or do they not score the points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I think you've got it. Anything that gets covered (Remodeled Room, or TI) still scores the PP in the top-right corner at the end of the game.

It's best not to discard rooms that have been built over just leave them under the new one(s).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.