GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,374 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

stu balance
msg tools
So I was playing a game with my buddies. I had a metropolis, and the blue city was hot on the dice, so I had about a million knights that I had upgraded or stolen from my enemies. So the barbarian comes around, and before hand I try to deactivate my knights so that everyone else would lose a city, but the catch is that I don't have anywhere to move my already activated knights, as they are taking up every intersection I have available.

My friend argued you can't deactivate a knight whenever you want if they don't perform an action such as moving or displacing a knight/robber, and I argued you should be able to because they are under your command and you have already paid your price to do as you wish with them, and you could fire a knight or send them on leave in real life theoretically to deactivate them in the real world. Needless to say, the rules included with the game did not clarify this argument, and so we ended up here on this forum. Please help us.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reiner Dr. Düren
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your friends are right: http://www.catan.com/faq/4834-knights-can-i-deactivate-own-k...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that there is an optional rule ("for meanies") that allows you to assign which knights take part in the defence and which don't. I prefer that rule over the "all activated knights are deactivated" - both from practical applications and for the additional mayhem since you get to bid the number of knights only once, starting with the active player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stu balance
msg tools
thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.