Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Kohr
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(DaveO, Shay, JohnH, *CharlesP*) : how's it holding up?

CharlesP: "Four players feels like a real good number for this game. There was some confusion at first as none of us had played this game much or recently (first time for DaveO). John jumped out to a big lead early with Barbarian Revolutionaries snatching up gobs of territories, while DaveO (and to a lesser extent Shay) had small empires to start and then had to swiftly begin again. Meanwhile, I started the game with Militia with Medicine. Half way through the game I was in last place but slowly gaining in scoring potential, having been left alone and gathering more and more tokens. When the others turned their attention to me, it was too late to slow me down enough. After four plays, I'm still a big fan of this game. Turns roll along swiftly with little analysis paralysis, and the varied civilization abilites really add flavor. It would be nice to see official expansions to the game (more abilites, different map, error-free materials!)."

Shay: "Second time I have played that game and I still think it's a great game. It has just the right combination of luck (not very much) and strategy, and easy rules. I lost again, but had alot of fun. An empire of militant healers bided its time, and grew towards the end to win the game. In fact, right up to the last turn of the game, this was the only civilization which did not go into decline. At that stage it got to a power of 19!!! This game was very different from the first one I played, in that most of the empires were small (lots of scoring modifiers)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.