stitch19 mar
Cyprus
flag msg tools
Hello everyone!
I have few questions mainly for rerteated units.

1. If I have retreated units in an area that has castle/stronghold and mustering card pops out can I muster retreated units and bring them to life or upgrade them and bring them to life?

2. If there is a battle and another player is supporting the attacking player of an area next to both of them. And they both loose to the defending area does the supporting player units also die/become retreated? If yes in what order you choose whose units will die if there is sword on card and whose will be retreated?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Van Beurden
Belgium
Leuven
Vlaams-Brabant
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1) You cannot have retreated units when the mustering card pops out, as those units would have returned to normal again at turn's end. Killed units, yes. Retreated units ... they don't exist during this phase.

2) Only the main attacking/defending units can retreat, never supporting units. Only units in the attack/defense can die by a sword. Supporting units are never affected by the result of a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stitch19 mar
Cyprus
flag msg tools
thank you so much! I love this game to bits and I had some problems understanding this issues and we played 3-4 games wondering what is going on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarno Suntio
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stitch19 wrote:
- - And they both loose to the defending area - -

Just to be sure. Remember you don't have two battles when someone's supporting the attacker (as your wording implies). So it's not possible for an attacking force to lose and a supporting one to win...

edit: typos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Hyyryläinen
Finland
Kotka
flag msg tools
mb
Just thinking, what if you have routed unit in a castle/stronghold and you have the special consolidate power order there (these are resolved after any battles, but before routed units stand). Can you upgrade a routed footman in that case? What you folks think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radosław Michalak
Poland
Bytom
flag msg tools
Gaming is for having fun. Fun requires clear rules.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deewhistler wrote:
Just thinking, what if you have routed unit in a castle/stronghold and you have the special consolidate power order there (these are resolved after any battles, but before routed units stand). Can you upgrade a routed footman in that case? What you folks think?

Not forbidden, so you can do it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.