GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,946 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: REALLY good LEGO games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Holmes
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Eee-va?
mbmbmbmbmb
I am familiar with all of the LEGO games out, and they are cute and all, but I was wondering if anyone has designed a game using LEGO that is a deep strategy game, or immersive experience. ESPECIALLY if it uses the building aspect of the LEGO bricks to play it.

I am not talking about brick versions of existing games (LEGO Agricola?). Would like to know about NEW game ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah! I love getting opportunities to recommend Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack! It's a concise little squad-level tactical miniatures wargame that uses LEGO to model both the miniatures (traditionally giant robots) and the terrain.

The rules are available for download right here. You can try them out for free; you can also pay what you want, or order a printed copy. The book also has quite a bit of interesting world building and poignant LEGO building and buying tips.

My favorite thing about Mobile Frame Zero is the way it utilizes LEGO to model a 3D battlefield. The game changes dramatically depending on the terrain you use, and the freedom LEGO allows you when blowing up that terrain makes this a very flexible (compared to other miniature wargames) and satisfying system. The terrain and cover system combines nicely with a very smart "spotting" mechanic which negates the need for line-of-site measurements. Add a fast paced and intuitive initiative system and asymmetric army values, and you've got a very sharp light tactical wargame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall Miller
United States
Malden
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
The Warren is a roleplaying game about intelligent rabbits trying to make the best of a world filled with hazards, predators and, worst of all, other rabbits.
badge
Marshall is a Boston-based researcher and game designer.
mbmbmbmbmb
Second Mobile Frame Zero: Rapid Attack. Such a clean, fast paced system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BrickQuest - a dungeon crawler demanding a lot of building and special tiles, though.

Brickwars (BrikWars here at the geek) is a system allowing you to fight warhamster like games and gives you rules to build as well as to crush stuff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.