Subject: Child Beauty Pageant Tycoon - Now Live on Kickstarter! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Frederickson
United States
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Kickstarter for Child Beauty Pageant Tycoon has begun!

Please check it out here and pledge your support: http://kck.st/Xt6SRL

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty horrified by this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

That makes two of us. I also can't believe that it's $40 as the early bird bonus for a game that consists of 180 cards, $50 normal?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if they'll include a special kickstarter JonBenét Ramsey shake

OK I'm bad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
OK I'm bad

You made a Boo Boo, Honey
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Walden
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

That makes two of us. I also can't believe that it's $40 as the early bird bonus for a game that consists of 180 cards, $50 normal?!?

I actually thought the idea sounded amusing, and went to look to back it, but I have to agree, I think the price point is a bit harsh. I can't get past that cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
I wonder if they'll include a special kickstarter JonBenét Ramsey shake

OK I'm bad

yep, you're bad.

I get he is trying to be funny,I dont know, maybe its a North American 'thing', cultural I mean as child pagents are not big here, and the few we do have are not in the league of those in the US.
but I do find this tacky on so many levels.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
I was freaked out at the "sleeping with a stud" option in the game given this is about a child beauty paegent. Kind of even freaks me out more that the idea came from real events too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Smith
United Kingdom
Stockport
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I rarely make adverse comments, but this is seriously seriously distasteful.

April 1 come early?

Andrew

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the title of this thread, and could only go: 'Whut?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
I get he is trying to be funny,I dont know, maybe its a North American 'thing',

I am in North America...I'm not hopping on board.

Maybe some might find it funny the first time someone says they are sleeping with a stud, but that will wear thin quick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
ranma8 wrote:
I was freaked out at the "sleeping with a stud" option in the game given this is about a child beauty paegent.

I'm pretty sure the idea is that the Player (the child's Mother), sleeps with a "stud" to get certain genes to pass to the child. At least that's how it reads to me.

Although I find child pagents pretty terrible, and think they are extremely distasteful (the pagents themselves, and the apparent "lifestyle" and parents that come with it), I personally find nothing wrong with lampooning such a subject, and showing how ridiculous it is. It's highly unlikely that such a practice will glamorize the topic, or make it more popular.

Of course, if it can successfully do that in a smart, fun, and funny way is another subject all together.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trace
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
tebald wrote:
I get he is trying to be funny,I dont know, maybe its a North American 'thing',

I am in North America...I'm not hopping on board.

Maybe some might find it funny the first time someone says they are sleeping with a stud, but that will wear thin quick.

I wrote that and I was referring to the phenomenon of child beauty pageants being culturally a North American 'thing'-I did not intend it to be personal so sorry if it was taken that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who is your target audience for the game?

I know it’s a spoof, but the Pageant crowd seems to draw a love/hate vibe, people are either into it because they are involved in pageants or people are just generally opposed to them, especially in the case of child contests.

At first I thought well maybe you’re going for the audience that likes cards games like Poo or Nuts, but I don’t think child pageants have the same universal humor appeal as well poo or nuts. Monkeys flinging poo and squirrels stealing nuts are just funny concepts any way you look at them. Child Pageants are funny and sad at the same time and pretty much like a train wreck you know you shouldn’t watch, but do.

I am curious as to how many people have played the game and have you taken it to any regional game conventions to demo. Usually the dark humor/spoof games don’t draw too much attention or Origins or GenCon, but hey good luck with the campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lim
United States
Sugar Land
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Holmes108 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the idea is that the Player (the child's Mother), sleeps with a "stud" to get certain genes to pass to the child. At least that's how it reads to me.

Oh.... sigh.... No matter how I read it, I keep getting the wrong meaning. It's like those dual optical illusions "do you see the old woman or the pretty girl?" LOL I guess I take back my comment implying prostitution, but now show my distaste for modding the genepool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Wertz
United States
Souderton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not going to pledge for this one, but I will give credit for the Spumco-esque style artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Joose wrote:
I wrote that and I was referring to the phenomenon of child beauty pageants being culturally a North American 'thing'-I did not intend it to be personal so sorry if it was taken that way.

Oh no, I wasn't upset or offended at all. Don't worry...everything is cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.