Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
So this weekend some of us had a chance to hang with Mr Walker a bit and try some rules for four player Nations at War, which of course could be adapted to WaW....

While there was a serious amount of tweaking as we went we had a blast! With a simple resource system that generates coinage to acquire new formations and determine start order each turn it was not long before 101st Airborne, Tiger tanks and all sorts of craziness were streaming across boards attempting to capture VP hexes.

I'll up load images on my blog in a the next day or so and LNL Facebook page asap.

I hope this goes thru more testing and comes out as a finished product for purchase SOOOOOON!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Collarin
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to hearing more about this. However, with that said, we had once played a 3-player game of NW68 and there seemed to be quite a bit of downtime. Note, this was also the first time playing for 2 of the 3 so that could certainly have hindered playtime.

Also, you mention for purchase... Would this be for a scenario/playbook/gamer's guide on how to implement or are additional components required?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
So this weekend some of us had a chance to hang with Mr Walker a bit and try some rules for four player Nations at War, which of course could be adapted to WaW....

While there was a serious amount of tweaking as we went we had a blast! With a simple resource system that generates coinage to acquire new formations and determine start order each turn it was not long before 101st Airborne, Tiger tanks and all sorts of craziness were streaming across boards attempting to capture VP hexes.

I'll up load images on my blog in a the next day or so and LNL Facebook page asap.

I hope this goes thru more testing and comes out as a finished product for purchase SOOOOOON!!!!

I always thought WaW would be perfect for a multiplayer game with more than 2 people. It has a good variety of countries involved and with the Blood and Bridges map plus maps from other games could easily put together large multi-front/player games.

Belgians and Dutch in the North fighting the Poles (TUS maps), Brits and Canadians fighting East Germans in the center (B&B maps), and Americans alongside West Germans in the South fighting the Soviets (EBG/ITB maps). Though getting the players is another matter entirely lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Aniketos wrote:
hipshot wrote:

I always thought WaW would be perfect for a multiplayer game with more than 2 people. It has a good variety of countries involved and with the Blood and Bridges map plus maps from other games could easily put together large multi-front/player games.

Belgians and Dutch in the North fighting the Poles (TUS maps), Brits and Canadians fighting East Germans in the center (B&B maps), and Americans alongside West Germans in the South fighting the Soviets (EBG/ITB maps). Though getting the players is another matter entirely lol.

In the NAW version we played we had 2 allies v 2 Axis. Each allies could not fight each other, but he could 'screw' with his allies at the worst possible time. we used the NAWx 2 sets of maps, but I hope/think/suggest that the game come with a custom multi player map. This would be GREAT on VASSAL!

We had cards for Air/Arty/- there are some other ideas floated around - extra activations, activation take aways, all sort of cool ideas.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
In the NAW version we played we had 2 allies v 2 Axis. Each allies could not fight each other, but he could 'screw' with his allies at the worst possible time. we used the NAWx 2 sets of maps, but I hope/think/suggest that the game come with a custom multi player map. This would be GREAT on VASSAL!

We had cards for Air/Arty/- there are some other ideas floated around - extra activations, activation take aways, all sort of cool ideas.
Sounds awesome, cannot wait to see the pictures.

Did you guys float around the idea of fighting on different maps that were separated, the winners of those ones could then come and take part on a "main" map where the larger group/forces are fighting. Objectives on those side maps could give the winning team a slight advantage on the main one as a result. More arty, air strikes, reinforcements, etc.? The possibilities are endless cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Aniketos wrote:
hipshot wrote:

Did you guys float around the idea of fighting on different maps that were separated, the winners of those ones could then come and take part on a "main" map where the larger group/forces are fighting. Objectives on those side maps could give the winning team a slight advantage on the main one as a result. More arty, air strikes, reinforcements, etc.? The possibilities are endless cool

cool idea.
This was a 2 hour crash and bash, capture the cities, and the person who had a certain set of cards won. You accumulate cards and spend cards based upon activity on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Aniketos wrote:
hipshot wrote:

cool idea.
This was a 2 hour crash and bash, capture the cities, and the person who had a certain set of cards won. You accumulate cards and spend cards based upon activity on the board.
It's a similar concept that's been used in video games. With the LnL games, they can easily fit this concept. I looked at the pictures on the FB page and saw someone mention something about resources? Were resources counters used or where those in the form of cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Aniketos wrote:
hipshot wrote:
Aniketos wrote:
hipshot wrote:

cool idea.
It's a similar concept that's been used in video games. With the LnL games, they can easily fit this concept. I looked at the pictures on the FB page and saw someone mention something about resources? Were resources counters used or where those in the form of cards?

resources are generated by capturing city hexes and killing units.
the # of those impacts the # of cards you receive.
you may then do somethings with the cards;
buy goodies
buy formations
by drm for initiative
save for later etc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hipshot wrote:
Aniketos wrote:
hipshot wrote:
Aniketos wrote:
hipshot wrote:

cool idea.

resources are generated by capturing city hexes and killing units.
the # of those impacts the # of cards you receive.
you may then do somethings with the cards;
buy goodies
buy formations
by drm for initiative
save for later etc
Very cool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.