Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased this game just in time to take to our family’s new years day get-together (we celebrate Christmas late on that side of the family).

The first game we had 5 people playing and it was a complete hit, everyone who played it wanted to immediately play again, and as people watched and overheard they too wanted in on the next game.

We ended up playing the game 7 times in 1 evening with 13 people in our final game. One of the 12 year old kids nearly won that last game with some excellent betting skills (she realized that betting on the smartest person was more sensible). The teams became a bit unbalanced, but thankfully the teams that didn’t know many answers were able compensate by betting on the teams they thought knew the answers.

This has just become my family’s favorite party game! Everyone asked me where he or she could get a copy of it.

Overall I rated this game an 8 out of 10, my highest rated party game.
I can’t stress this enough, buy this game for your next party or family event, you wont be disappointed!!!

The Good: easy to learn, easily playable for anyone over 10, excellent value. Quick twenty minute playtime.

The Bad: chips need $$ amounts printed on them.

The Ugly: one person must be the question reader and will not get to participate. If they had included some type of sleeve to fit over the cards and then slid the sleeve down as to not reveal the answers, then everyone could play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Heimlich
United States
Sewell
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy,

I don't see the problem here for the reader. I was the reader in our game and had no problem. As I read the rules, you don't stick to a single card for the entire game. You read question #1 on the first card. Then you retire that card and read question #2 on the next card. That way it doesn't matter if the reader sees other answers. They won't be used.

Shuffling means that it'll be highly unlikely that you'd repeat full lines of questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, had no problem being the lone reader (and playing at the same time).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
As already stated, you probably don't want to use all the questions from a single card. I've been the reader in every one of our games, and I just flip the card that I have just read to the back of the deck.

The only thing that I've had minor issues with is at payout time. It can get a little chaotic with everyone grabbing their cubes and people trying to "help out". I'm sure that, as the banker, I have ended up with some people's lost bets in my personal stack.

Nevertheless, very minor quibble. The game has been great fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeremy cobert
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agrajag wrote:
Jeremy,

I don't see the problem here for the reader. I was the reader in our game and had no problem. As I read the rules, you don't stick to a single card for the entire game. You read question #1 on the first card. Then you retire that card and read question #2 on the next card. That way it doesn't matter if the reader sees other answers. They won't be used.

Shuffling means that it'll be highly unlikely that you'd repeat full lines of questions.

my problem is that i remember the answers, its not that i try to memorize the answers but i have a knack for rembering trivial question. so ive been stacking the played cards into a different pile. i will probably forget a lot of the answers in a few years, but we play this game a lot and i dont want to draw a question that i know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Monterroso
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
If you are not having fun, then you are missing the point.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
my problem is that i remember the answers, its not that i try to memorize the answers but i have a knack for rembering trivial question. so ive been stacking the played cards into a different pile. i will probably forget a lot of the answers in a few years, but we play this game a lot and i dont want to draw a question that i know.

Yeah, I don't think that shuffling is the right answer. I think that the best thing that you can do is to not read any other questions. So far, I have managed to do that by only reading one question from every card in any given game.

What I have done is to read question 1 from card 1, question 2 from card 2, and so on. After I read each question, I put the card at the back of the deck. After the game (7 questions), I take the eight cards from the back of the deck and move them to the front. That way, next game, I will be reading question 1 from card 100, question 2 from card 1, question 3 from card 2, and so on.

I find that this way, I won't miss any of the questions and I minimize the chances of inadveredly looking at other questions/answers.

Of course, I'm sure that my mechanism will be ruined by some random person who decides to browse the cards. But until then....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.