Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb Smay
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the overwhelming success of the genre('Androind: Netrunner' in particular), I think we can safely say that LCGs are here to stay. So what do you think should be the next universe(or 'Galaxy Far, Far Away...') that should be turned into an LCG and why?

Guess I'll start first.

Star Trek-An obvious choice. Exploration, combat, diplomacy, this game could have it all!

Twilight Imperium-Very rich universe with innumerable stories that could be told. You could even have two ways to fight in this game: ground combat and fleet combat.

Shin Megami Tensei-Tons of source material with this one and it would, obviously, be much darker than all the other LCGs.

Warhammer 40,000-They already have so many other games that take place in this universe, an LCG seems almost inevitable.

Anima: Beyond Fantasy-One of FFG's less popular universes, but I absolutely love it! With all the different characters, locations, and powers already in the lore there is tons of material for this one.

Stargate-All I can really say about this one is 'Please? Please? Pleasepleaseplease?'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
If I were FFG I would be somewhat concerned about new LCGs cannibalizing their existing LCGs. No sense in paying out the arse for a Star Trek LCG license if the consumer sees it as having to stop playing another LCG to start up with a new one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed Fightcitymayor, but if they get the release timing correct I'm sure a lot of people would be happy to play more than one LCG at a time. Unlike CCG's where you are also stuck trying to chase more cards all the time, the LCG's give a player a bit more flexibility in the cost and release schedule, not to mention I can relax once I've bought the pack I want.

However, there is always that less controllable and flexible cost of time to play the games. It's hard to know how much more room is out there for another LCG simply because of this reason, but I don't think we are at saturation point just yet.

I also agree that there is only so much card game people can handle (and I personally like to mix it up with game types).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex VIlle
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a rebirth a the VS Tcg ( The super héro one) could be a good idea
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Watson
United States
Belle Plaine
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, here's some ideas for a new LCG without any licensing or franchise issues (although I love Trek, isn't it already pretty much done? overdone, even?) and which may open the door to new gamers not already enticed by existing themes:

-old west theme
-civil war theme
-submarine cat and mouse in the deep blue
-jewel/bank heists, a la Ocean's 11, the Pink Panther Strikes Again, et al.
-viruses
-codebreaking
-lawyers, guns, and money (i have no idea what design could be based on this but i've always thought this song lyric really conveys deep, deep, deep trouble)
-1930's gangsters
-pirates (possibly overdone already)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.