Subject: Street Gang cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

After pulling a street gang card, are you supposed to shuffle the gang card directly back into its deck after gleaning whatever information from it?

We've been playing it as such, but doing so is a tad problematic.

Shuffling them back in after each reveal is cool, in that you can have a particular gang appear to spread across various hoods. I really like that. However...

As result of a chain of crappy circumstances, our last game saw three individual street gangs being formed. My wife smartly pointed out that there is no elegant method of actually keeping track of which gang is which - nor of their individual restrictions.

Yeah, you could keep the gang card out on the board until needing to reshuffle - but it is a hiccup having to collect them on event of another draw, then remembering which gang goes where when finished, etc.

I was thinking a gang chart would be helpful for this very problem.

* Gang Name
* Gang Symbol (used to mark gangs on board)
* Gang Power

Would this help anyone out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
You keep them out. So you can never have more gangs than there are cards and this is a condition that advances the crime track.

So leave the card on the street - that is the "elegant" way of handling the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Staines
United Kingdom
Grantham
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DBoonsGhost wrote:

After pulling a street gang card, are you supposed to shuffle the gang card directly back into its deck after gleaning whatever information from it?

I'd been playing it that you keep the card out, I left the card on the street next to the bad hood.

I think there's a mention in the rules that you shuffle the card back into the deck when the gang is defeated... but more to the point, the crime tracker goes up when you need to place a street gang and the deck is empty, which couldn't happen if you reshuffle the card back in immediately. Although realistically I expect it's unlikely to happen anyway, as you'll probably run out of punks before then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Baker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That would certainly help!

Thanks a lot for the clarification. I could have sworn each gang card says to reshuffle them back into the deck, but I must have read that wrong in that you reshuffle AFTER breaking up the gang.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally thinking about poker chips for the gangs versus the cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loose Cannon
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So what we need, are 4 cool designed Tokens. That we can print out, with the Street gangs name on it.
"The East Siders"
Etc.

Is this a specific Font?
It should each be made differently. B

Shood I get some of my "Hood" friends to paint a pic?

Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bichatse wrote:
DBoonsGhost wrote:

I'd been playing it that you keep the card out, I left the card on the street next to the bad hood.

I think there's a mention in the rules that you shuffle the card back into the deck when the gang is defeated... but more to the point, the crime tracker goes up when you need to place a street gang and the deck is empty, which couldn't happen if you reshuffle the card back in immediately. Although realistically I expect it's unlikely to happen anyway, as you'll probably run out of punks before then.

What they said.

Brian summed it up well and Jake did a great job of exploring it a bit further.

Thanks guys!!!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.