Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Wiebe
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Green is the colour, football is the game; we're all together, and winning is our aim!
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Caylus for the first time this weekend. First off, what a great game - so much going on - and yet so simple - and yet.... not!

First game was a test run - Team Wiebe, Team Schmidt, Mike, and Vicki were the 4 contestants. We spent a Looooong time learning the rules, but eventually it kicked in and about 2/3 of the way through we were steaming along. We bought up all the expensive stuff first - which meant we somwhat choked ourselves out of resources. It was close until Vicki built the cathedral, 25 points near the end of the game was too insurmountable. Mike made it close, being only a couple of points behind. Team Wiebe and team Schmidt were left in the dust.
Vicki - 82
Mike - 80
Team Wiebe - 68
Team Schmidt - 66

Game two was a three player affair - myself, Katherine and Selena. I failed to build any part of the dungeon, and this cost me (although I did not know this at the time!) I was able to put the majority in the walls, but Katherine and Selena kept building up the town - while I scrounged up every penny I could find to try to push the provost back. Unsuccessfully of course. I did push it back far enough to take one gold from Katherine (at the gold mine) and this cost her the game (oops!) as she was 1 gold off from building the cathedral, thud allowing selena to win. A very satisfying experience! (even though I got pummelled!)
Selena - 87
Katherine - 77
Jason - 56

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.