GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,017 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Carson City» Forums » Rules

Subject: Owned Townhouse and General Store - does it count twice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Fleming
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am doing a solitaire game to test out and familiarize myself with the new expansion so I can play with knowledge and be able to teach my friends.

I have an owned townhouse adjacent to a general store. The general store has $6 for each owned house instead of the regular $3.

Would the owned townhouse then count as adding $12 to the income of the General Store?

As a followup question. With one townhouse counting as $12, this general store has already reached it maximum payout of $33 as it is surrounded by:
•owned school = $6
•owned house = $6
•3 x houses = $9
•owned townhouse = $12

total = $33

and I currently have control of the City Hall so the Drug Store should increase to $36.

If some of the regular houses were changed to townhouses, this drugstore would be worth even more. Is it designed to be capped at $33 or should players extrapolate upwards to what the value "should be".

ie. currently the player "should" be paid $36 instead of the $33 max on the card.

What are peoples feelings on this?

Take care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TallDwarf wrote:
I am doing a solitaire game to test out and familiarize myself with the new expansion so I can play with knowledge and be able to teach my friends.

I have an owned townhouse adjacent to a general store. The general store has $6 for each owned house instead of the regular $3.

Would the owned townhouse then count as adding $12 to the income of the General Store?

As a followup question. With one townhouse counting as $12, this general store has already reached it maximum payout of $33 as it is surrounded by:
•owned school = $6
•owned house = $6
•3 x houses = $9
•owned townhouse = $12

total = $33

and I currently have control of the City Hall so the Drug Store should increase to $36.

If some of the regular houses were changed to townhouses, this drugstore would be worth even more. Is it designed to be capped at $33 or should players extrapolate upwards to what the value "should be".

ie. currently the player "should" be paid $36 instead of the $33 max on the card.

What are peoples feelings on this?

Take care.

The Townhouse counts as $12, yes!

Also, on the backside of the townhouse tokens are expanded value tiles for all the buildings that make income on house value to cover just this!

Whoops, I didn't fully digest your question.

I think you cap at $33. The Drugstore's infrastructure isn't infinite. Once you sell out, you have to wait for the next wagons to get here. If only this town had a train station.

Although, to be fair, that's a TON of work to do for even that and it's unlikely the other players would allow it to occur.

I've played with the expansion several times now with five and four players and always on the river, so I imagine it's probably more possible with fewer players on the wide-open side, but you should never allow your opponent to get that kind of solidified parcel-age!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wrong forum. You should put this in the forum for the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.