Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
Missing old BGG
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see "Auctions" as one of the things we can choose to put into a panel on our customized front page. That would be nice.

Likewise, we could use some statistical information boxes, if that's what one likes. For instance, add "Top Rated Games" to the drop-down box with a different set of choices in the second box (since "Hot" or "Recent" top rated games doesn't make much sense). The second drop-down selection could have choices of "FORM, Raw, Bayesian, Rank, StDev, Number of Plays, etc, etc". We could build our own Top X. I could choose to see the top 35 by FORM, for instance.

And if we can get that, then the floodgates can open. We could create our own statistics (.01* games played by unique players in past 30 days + .001*total sessions played in past 30 days + bayesian rating - standard deviation + .0001 * number of total ratings) and see that appear in the customized panel. Oooh, the possibilities.

These may sound silly, but they're 1000 times more useful to me than anything about trades and trade geek lists and off topic discussions and the marketplace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Randy that the possibilities here are endless. I expect we're going to see a lot more of these additions to what you can add to the front page like a wherewolf module which would be great I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.