• [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Sperling
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's it - now whenever I'm playing, I'll be forced to randomly yell, "free Angela!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from The Resistance->General forum to RSP

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know what's happening...my work firewall must be blocking the image. Can it be hosted on BGG instead? This sounds awesome, whatever it is, if it's getting moved to RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clyde, you can just look on IMDB under "Free Angela".

I have no idea why this belongs here (the post had to do with the iconography and nothing to do with the movie or its message) but I suspect it will get more traffic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
Billgrant wrote:

I have no idea why this belongs here (the post had to do with the iconography and nothing to do with the movie or its message) but I suspect it will get more traffic.

Nah, we RSP regulars are just as confused as you are. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that Jer-bear (jmilum) is generally pretty clueless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian
United States
Enfield
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
clydeiii wrote:
I don't know what's happening...my work firewall must be blocking the image. Can it be hosted on BGG instead? This sounds awesome, whatever it is, if it's getting moved to RSP.

IMDB probably blocks hotlinking. If you quote the post you can see the URL and view it that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

Nah, we RSP regulars are just as confused as you are. I'm guessing it has something to do with the fact that Jer-bear (jmilum) is generally pretty clueless.

I'm not confused, other than the intended iconography for posting i n The Resistance, the image carries an incendiary message that could quickly devolve the conversation into RSP shenanigans. It might have been a bit premature to move before anyone even leaned a certain direction, but the potential outcome did have a high predictability.

Maybe someone hit the red X.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

I'm not confused, other than the intended iconography for posting i n The Resistance, the image carries an incendiary message that could quickly devolve the conversation into RSP shenanigans. It might have been a bit premature to move before anyone even leaned a certain direction, but the potential outcome did have a high predictability.

Sure, maybe. This is why everyone hates RSP, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

For the record I am OK with the move... And I guess I understand the concern for the message (although I guess someone just needs to read the post to understand the context). I figured the comments would soon make it clear.

Hopefully this doesn't create the same reaction as Tomorrow!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
So what exactly is this all about?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
So what exactly is this all about?

I guess the context was lost since it was moved from The Resistance's forum -- the movie poster has a hand which looks like The Resistance's.

What does it have to do with RSP? Nothing at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum europae vincendarum
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

All subliminal references to thermonuclear war are sent to RSP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Steak Fairy
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Games? People still play games??
badge
Specious arguments are not proof of trollish intent.
mbmbmbmbmb
This was without a doubt the lamest RSP thread move of all time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doupe
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

Angela Davis is a controversial and polarizing figure. To some, she's a symbol of 70s black power and a trailblazing African-American woman. To others, she was an accomplice in the abduction and murder of a California judge. To some, she's both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neon Joe, Werewolf He-yump
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
bobby_5150 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Billgrant wrote:

How about a nice game of chess?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fuck Matthew Broderick....and the whore he rode in on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Doupe
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PomInNZ wrote:

Quite a lot of 60s radicals ended up as accomplices in stuff they had no idea would get so serious so quickly. Guilty with extenuating circumstances, I'd say.

When you preach revolution, and then hand an angry young man a gun, you shouldn't be surprised when someone gets his head blown off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
What's a nubian?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Shut up Clyde.
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/shut%20up%20clyde

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bama by way of San Diego
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimbrax wrote:
bobby_5150 wrote:
Fuck Matthew Broderick....and the whore horse he rode in on.

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.