Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems that Highland Charge will be hitting the shelves in March. Beyond that, there are plans to roll out expansions both this year and next. The question is what do players want? Below is a poll that I posted to the Frederick's War page.

Great Northern War: This is a great way to introduce both Russia and Sweden.

War of the Spanish Succession: Most likely this would be Marlborough's four big battles but I hope the others can be simulated in a large scenario book/player's guide in the future.

Battles of Maurice de Saxe: This would cover battles from the War of the Austrian Succession.

American Revolution: I would try to simulate battles not covered previously, such as Savannah.

French Revolutionary Wars: This would concentrate on the battles fought outside of Italy, such as Fleurus.

Early Battles of Napoleon: This would cover the Italian campaigns and possibly a battle or two from the near east.

Napoleonic Wars: This will not conflict with Napoleon's War: The 100 Days, but I would try to cover battles not simulated in that system, such as Friedland, Talavera, Lutzen, etc.

Poll
On a scale of 1 (not really) to 5 (certainly) which would rather see first in a future Hold the Line expansion?
  1 2 3 4 5
Great Northern War
War of the Spanish Succession
Battles of Maurice de Saxe
American Revolution
French Revolutionary Wars
Early Battles of Napoleon
Napoleonic Wars
      100 answers
Poll created by gittes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any interest in the pike and shot period? Or is that pushing the Hold the Line system past its comfort zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
kentreuber wrote:
Is there any interest in the pike and shot period? Or is that pushing the Hold the Line system past its comfort zone?

The system could work there but it is certainly passed my comfort zone. Hell, The War of the Spanish Succession is passed my comfort zone to be honest, but I am learning more about the conflict as of late.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is late to the party, but as I own all HTL including yours now, I'm in! I say stick to the 18th Century, which can become your specialty as a new designer, and is covered less in simple games! Best of luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shoot me your e-mail Jon and I'll send it along.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Sean. Is there a way to send it to you privately without publishing it here?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly, just hit the envelope icon below my name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.