Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Russ Fleming
Vietnam
Hanoi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
REPOST from main Carson City forum:

In playing a solitaire game, in the 3rd round. I had at outlaw moved onto my Drugstore. During the construction phase I bought and placed a prison, diagonally to the drugstore (with an outlaw).
When the prison was placed is the outlaw "defeated" and do I receive the VP for defeating it?

Thanks

Loving the new expansion.

[/q]

What it means is that the Outlaw will now "disregard" your drugstore and move to the most lucrative building nearby that's not also adjacent to the prison if there is one.

If there isn't, he stays there.

You only capture an Outlaw with a prison when the dice roll lands him right into one.[/q]

First off: apologies for posting in the base game instead of the expansion section.

@Micheal: you mention the outlaws will move, but they only move during the start of the next turn?

On this particular turn will they:
1. still rob the Drug Store?
2. remain on the Drug Store but not rob it?
3. move to most profitable adjacent building (that is not adjacent to the prison)
a. what would happen if there was no profitable building adjacent to its current position?

Thanks for everyone's input.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re-answer!

TallDwarf wrote:
First off: apologies for posting in the base game instead of the expansion section.

@Micheal: you mention the outlaws will move, but they only move during the start of the next turn?

On this particular turn will they:
1. still rob the Drug Store?
2. remain on the Drug Store but not rob it?
3. move to most profitable adjacent building (that is not adjacent to the prison)
a. what would happen if there was no profitable building adjacent to its current position?

Thanks for everyone's input.

1!

The Prison only affects the Placement and Movement Phases of the outlaw, not the Effect:

Quote:
Finally, for each (black) outlaw meeple that arrives in the city,
the first player throws both dice in order to determine where that
specific meeple is put on the game board using the standard grid
references indicated on the board Throw the dice again if:

• the indicated location is already occupied by another outlaw;

• there is an adjacent prison building (horizontal, vertical or diagonal).

Quote:
As soon as the new outlaws have been put on the game board, all
outlaws on the game board move 1 square (horizontally, vertically
or diagonally). The player who is currently first in turn order decides
in which order the outlaws move. Outlaws move according to the
following rules:

[...]

- an outlaw does not take into account a building which is adjacent
to a prison, or buildings where another outlaw is already present.

I believe he would stay there and continue to take half the income until another building came adjacent to him but not the prison.

I think you can use a prison to keep Outlaws away, but can't use them to rid yourself of Outlaws.

Gather up your guns and lay down your cowboys early and route them for VP instead!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.