GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Grand Cru» Forums » Rules

Subject: Auctions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I have two questions regarding the auctions:
1) Can I pass, when I still have a pawn (Aktionsmarker) on any of the auction tracks? In other words, can I place a bid and then not to buy the respective tile (in order just to block it for another player hoping he passes earlier)?
2) Number of auction tracks - can an auction track be re-used in the same year after a player has bought a tile (and thus emptied the track)?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giuseppe Salvio
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vlasak wrote:
I have two questions regarding the auctions:
1) Can I pass, when I still have a pawn (Aktionsmarker) on any of the auction tracks? In other words, can I place a bid and then not to buy the respective tile (in order just to block it for another player hoping he passes earlier)?
2) Number of auction tracks - can an auction track be re-used in the same year after a player has bought a tile (and thus emptied the track)?

Thanks.

i would say yest to both questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.

Some of this bothers people, but they are missing some of the game's tactics (in particular, ending the year before another player might desire).

Yes, you can pass with a bid on a track and not pay for it.

Yes, once a tile has been auctioned you may place another tile up for auction in that column.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Blum
Germany
Cologne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neil's answer is correct. Yes to both questions.

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you all.

One more thought - what happens to the marker (Aktionsmarker) of the player, who already passed while some of his marker(s) were still on the auction track(s)? Is this / are these removed or does it / do they block the tracks further on?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.