Subject: That crazy joker! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Marquis
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I saw it coming. I tried to get rid of it, but ended up getting stuck with the joker being the last card in my hand.

If one can only play the joker with another card, and it's one's turn to lead the trick, and one has a polar bear and a joker, what exactly can one do?

Lead with the polar bear and never be able to get rid of the last card (which can't be played alone)?

or lead with the polar bear and count the joker as a single card of one's choice (which is what we did, but I picked something minor so the teens wouldn't get upset),

or lead with the polar bear and the joker and just say that a pair of polar bears is the lowest you're able to start with?

This was supposed to be an angst-free game for the humans!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tejas Mistry
United States
Sammamish
Washington
flag msg tools
Interesting situation to encounter with the Joker being the only card left in your hand!

To answer your question about the Polar Bear and Joker - I believe the Joker is only allowed to take on the role of the card it is played with. So your only option for playing two cards is to play them as two Polar Bears.

Was there anything wrong with leading with two Polar Bears? It seems like a good way to lead.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Aha!

Well, if only we'd have paid more attention to the "start of a round" part of the rules instead of the "end of round" part of the rules, we'd have seen, just as you said, that we could have started with more than one card.

Duh, duh, duh! Tanx for pointing it out!

LM

Hm, this changes strategy, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.