Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I notice there has only been one regular PBF and also the amazing Watch It Played series (before they were Watch It Played).

I'm just wondering if there is a reason why regular PBFs didn't continue for this game? Did it not work? Was there no interest?

I'd love to play in a PBF (either as the keeper/moderator or an investigator)' but obviously to make it work it would require 4 more interested parties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for sure. Would be a chance to put away my regular Keeper-hat and grab an investigator felt hat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't know what the feasibility is, but I'd certainly be willing to participate as well, assuming there's a way to do it without having to keep a map/board set up locally for weeks at a time.

(I don't have the space to keep it on the table that long.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Frank
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is PBF? play by forum?

kjpw_88 wrote:
I notice there has only been one regular PBF and also the amazing Watch It Played series (before they were Watch It Played).

I'm just wondering if there is a reason why regular PBFs didn't continue for this game? Did it not work? Was there no interest?

I'd love to play in a PBF (either as the keeper/moderator or an investigator)' but obviously to make it work it would require 4 more interested parties.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PBF is play by forum yes.

And as for the map, I can scan the required tiles and create a map on Photoshop style software that can updated and posted at regular intervals as we play, so there would be no need to have the map set up locally (of course you will need to own the game because all required information would not be supplied (like investigator abilities and stats).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kjpw_88 wrote:
And as for the map, I can scan the required tiles and create a map on Photoshop style software that can updated and posted at regular intervals as we play, so there would be no need to have the map set up locally (of course you will need to own the game because all required information would not be supplied (like investigator abilities and stats).

Check! I own base/FA/CotW and several of the PODs, so if there's a way to do this smoothly PBF then I am most certainly in! Keeper or investigators, doesn't matter to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowespade wrote:
kjpw_88 wrote:

Check! I own base/FA/CotW and several of the PODs, so if there's a way to do this smoothly PBF then I am most certainly in! Keeper or investigators, doesn't matter to me.

The Keeper would have to be the moderator and organise the map etc, so I'll take that role first. If it works there is no reason why we can't do more scenarios with different people as the keeper.

I'm thinking a core scenario to begin with. I'll take a day tomorrow organising the scans of the tiles and let interested people know when we are ready to make a start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dietsch
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love MoM and never get to play it enough, I would definitely be interested in trying to be an investigator!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as an investigator please, if there is still room.

I've played a dozen games, but almost all as keeper, only one as investigator.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Holmstrom
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'd be interested as well if there is a spot open.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'd be interested in either side of the table. I've been half considering to run Chromatic Crackpot as a pbf anyways. The one problem is - how do we deal with puzzles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazukie Fearon
United States
Dix Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that sounds good! I'd like to play as an investigator. I am guessing as the Keeper you would also keep track of the randomly placed cards as well as the cards for attacks and keepers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I will keep track of all the cards. I have GM'ed the first four people who were interested from this thread and heard back from three of them.

Hopefully if this is a success I will be able to run another scenario for those who missed out this time but have expressed interest. Keep an eye out for the thread and feel free to spectate though. I'll let you know if I run a second one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Would there be enough people interested if I started a second one? I would be running my custom scenario Chromatic Crackpot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd certainly do it, but since I'm already in one I'll cede a spot to someone who's not already doing #3. Happy to go on the reserve list though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tazukie Fearon
United States
Dix Hills
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Iammars wrote:
Would there be enough people interested if I started a second one? I would be running my custom scenario Chromatic Crackpot.

I'd be in to test out your senario

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to play as an investigator while moderating #3.

Edit: Me, Tazukie and Bob (further up the thread) make 3, so Chris could make up the four and play in this one too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
kjpw_88 wrote:
I'd love to play as an investigator while moderating #3.

Edit: Me, Tazukie and Bob (further up the thread) make 3, so Chris could make up the four and play in this one too.

And that's enough for me to justify starting a thread. I'll be working on it momentarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool. Looking forward to it. I've never had chance to play as an investigator before. I'm always the Keeper. Mind you I enjoy running games for other people and seeing them enjoy themselves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dietsch
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd also be interested in this custom scenario if there's room. If not that's perfectly OK too , just wanted to throw my name in the mix. Never get to play enough MoM with my group
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jen McTeague
United States
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Looks like we have 4 then. I'm going to finish getting the map up then I'll send you guys a GeekMail about choosing Investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dietsch
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yikes, I just noticed your scenario requires FA and I don't have it (or CotW) yet. I am looking into buying it but haven't just yet, so if you need to replace me for the other Chris I totally understand!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cdietschrun wrote:
Never get to play enough MoM with my group

QFT. Hopefully we can usher in a new era of MoM PBF gaming!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marlowespade wrote:
cdietschrun wrote:
Never get to play enough MoM with my group

QFT. Hopefully we can usher in a new era of MoM PBF gaming!

That's what I was aiming for. I will definitely continue hosting games if #3 goes well.

I'd also enjoy playing as an investigator whenever other people want to host. I'll contribute all the scans I create for my scenarios to the file section as I complete sets to help with that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Zork
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be interested in testing one of the following fan-made scenario (the ones I have not played yet). My time being limited (sadly), I won't be doing the keeper.

Chromatic crackpot, The Kellar Seance, Suffer the Children, Tortured Souls,
The Courtyard, The Factory, The Dunwich Horror, Horror in Museum, The Tremor beneath Brooken Hill

If anyone is willing to do the keeper with one of those, that'd be great !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.