Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: box_storage [+] [View All]
Thomas Feiler
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm looking at picking up the Galaxy Trucker expansions and just curious about shelf space. Can either/both of the expansions fit in the base box if the insert is removed? Could both expansions be consolidated into one of the expansion boxes and keep the base game in its own? Wondering just how BIG these big expansions are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All in one. Totally made it happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ell
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
boomtron wrote:

I couldn't get it to close completely, but it does fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You could also pack it all into the box much more easily if you're willing to make copies of the ship sheets on posterboard rather than thick cardboard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Elltrain wrote:
boomtron wrote:

I couldn't get it to close completely, but it does fit.

I don't have Another Big Expansion yet myself, but I am wondering if removing the 5th player boards would get it all in one box? We never play with a 5th player so it would be an option in my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl
Austria
Salzburg
Salzburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can in theory put the base game and both expansions in one box. But you have to pack perfectly or it won't close by maybe 0.5 cm. So yes, removing the 5th player boards should make it 'easy' to fit all into one box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kilrah wrote:
You can in theory put the base game and both expansions in one box. But you have to pack perfectly or it won't close by maybe 0.5 cm. So yes, removing the 5th player boards should make it 'easy' to fit all into one box.

I like the quotes around the word 'easy'

Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark O'Reilly
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got everything into base box easily
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Salvato
United States
Carol Stream
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I managed this feat last night, although there is *no* room for anything else in that box anymore.

My tips:

- Bag all components in bigger bags than you think you need - everything needs to lay as flat as possible.

- Put the boards in first, and lay the rest on top of them. There's a gap at the side to make extracting the boards easy.

- Slide a few decks of cards upright into the gap between the boards and the box wall to use up every mm^3 of space. I also slid my battery bag into this gap.

- Work to get the Cargo cubes lying in a single layer in their bag. This helps a lot.

- Spread everything out, top with the rulebooks, and close. You may have a slight mismatch at the bottom, but it should be no more than a mm or two.

Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Walker
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Mega Metroid!
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo thanks to these pointers my game is all packed in there and the top is far more flat than it was before. I didn't pack it very well and it was around 1-1.5cm raised. Now it's great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, if you really want to pack as efficiently as possible, the key would be to stack the ship tiles and currency neatly rather than just putting them in a big bag and trying to lay them as near-flat as possible, but that would add considerably to the time taken to pack/unpack...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Attila Kerek
msg tools
I know this topic is off for a while, but for "newly arrived truckers" in the galaxy.
If you remove the insert and put all the ships and playboard in the bottom, the rest can be fit with bags:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.