Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like in setup that everyone's guard starts on the fort in front of the Outdoor Activity IV. It also states that each player's guard moves around the ramparts using the dice and once they reach a fort they may place a cube on the corresponding Outdoor Activity.

So my question is- Do you start the game with the ability to place a cube on Outdoor Activity IV, because technically you start the game on the fort in front of it, or do you have to make your way completely around the board back to the starting fort before you're able to place a cube on it?

I would assume Outdoor Activity I is the first activity you can gain access to, but the rules seem to state otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
Nah, that would be just silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at the setup. IV is to the north, I agree, but it makes no sense if you have access to it first, otherwise it would be a I. You have to invest at least 6 pips of dice to get your first cube, and I think that is on purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
Nah, that would be just silly.

Which part?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
Look at the setup. IV is to the north, I agree, but it makes no sense if you have access to it first, otherwise it would be a I. You have to invest at least 6 pips of dice to get your first cube, and I think that is on purpose.

It being to the North is exactly why it seems like you have immediate access to it. You start in the North, after all.

I do agree that you should have to invest dice before getting access to your first Outdoor Activity though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a reason the outdoor tiles are numbered. If I remember correctly, the rules also state that once you reach all the way around to the end, you retire your guy to the final tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sure would be silly. I figured it was safe to assume Activity IV is the last activity you gain access to. Thanks for the clarification everybody.

Just seems like a design choice that contradicts itself and doesn't make a exact note of it. Leaving these things to assumption leads to confusion.

At least we all seem to have assumed the same thing out of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
If it makes you feel better, start all guards 1 rampart forward. Then they will have never been there, reached there, nor passed there.

And it will speed their progress!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Boat
United States
Ankeny
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chris1nd wrote:
If it makes you feel better, start all guards 1 rampart forward. Then they will have never been there, reached there, nor passed there.

And it will speed their progress!

It would certainly make more sense, but I think I can deal with the rules as is now that we've worked out the issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.