GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,154 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Android: Netrunner» Forums » General

Subject: The Ice Box podcast (about Android: Netrunner the card game) seeks new hosts! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, guys. I'm Jason from The Ice Box Podcast. Travis, my co-host has been busy lately, and so he has resigned from the show. So now I'm looking for a few good people to help me get it back up and running.

Here's some criteria:
1) Voice: clear, with good grammar and diction
2) Knowledge: able to remember card names and abilities, have well-informed and reasoned opinions of cards and their interactions.
3) Passion: be excited about the game, its news and community, and sharing the experience.

Bonus criteria:
4) Humor: helpful in keeping the show very light-hearted, fun, and entertaining.
5) Creativity: able to help provide content for the show, either for unique show segments, fan art/designs, or anything else.
6) Competitive spirit: at least one member who knows the tournament scene and the top cards and strategies in the current meta.
7) Enthusiasm: willing to attend events and give reports.

Preparation stuff:
1) Recording: have Skype, and have the means to digitally record yourself.
2) Hacker name: Have an awesome hacker name in mind. That's part of our flavor here at The Ice Box.

That's something to go on. If you're interested in joining The Ice Box, then I encourage you to send an email to theiceboxpodcast@gmail.com or a message to our facebook explaining how you meet the above criteria! Then I might try doing some casual Skype interviews. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Never heard of it before. But it sounds interesting. Post a link to the pod cast when it's back up.

As for me, I'm a good match for most of those criteria but I probably fail at criteria #1. I guess I belong to the audience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Bartosh

Sunnyvale
California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What sort of application process are you looking at here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AndrewRogue wrote:
What sort of application process are you looking at here?

I suppose over the next few days I'll review what messages people have sent about how they fit the above criteria. I'll select those with promise, and invite them to an interview over Skype where we'll introduce ourselves and talk about the game a bit. I'm looking for two to four co-hosts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
So I guess that means to send you a PM.

I'll get on that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I could probably do this but for the time commitment. So I'll just promise to be a subscriber and maybe write in with hopefully interesting questions/comments from time to time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:
Heh, I could probably do this but for the time commitment. So I'll just promise to be a subscriber and maybe write in with hopefully interesting questions/comments from time to time.

I ought to mention that a normal recording schedule for the show is roughly once every two weeks, and then in between I do all of the editing and uploading of each episode.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
*laughing* I would consider applying if it weren't for my terrible accent. I'll stick to the written word for now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Hall
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hmm. I do enjoy Netrunner, and I also do a bit of voice acting on the side. If it looks like I'll have time, I'll send a recording or something over PM.

Good luck in any case!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Presley
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shot an application in, here's hoping!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hoobajoo wrote:
Shot an application in, here's hoping!

Received and replied! Thank you very much.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nic
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
*laughing* I would consider applying if it weren't for my terrible accent. I'll stick to the written word for now.

Aw c'mon, the ladies love the accents! And besides, you have plenty of insightful things to add, I have seen your posts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strey wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

Aw c'mon, the ladies love the accents! And besides, you have plenty of insightful things to add, I have seen your posts!

Not to mention that he is an experienced tournament organizer and judge in New York.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would definitely be interested in cohosting a Netrunner podcast. I'll send you an E-mail with more details about me and the criteria.

EDIT: Sent
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Aw, I'm sad to see Travis go. Will he at least be able to guest-star occasionally?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Jensen
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:

Hackers have cool accents. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
notyetsuperman wrote:
IirionClaus wrote:

Hackers have cool accents. =)

COOL, yes. ISRAELI, no
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United States
Unspecified
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hackers with accents make me think of Boris from Golden Eye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaladinX13 wrote:

Would you believe that that's the first James Bond movie I've ever seen?? I'm so ashamed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric F
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
badge
RTFM!
mbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
PaladinX13 wrote:

Would you believe that that's the first James Bond movie I've ever seen?? I'm so ashamed.

Psh, I don't even remember how old I was when I saw Goldeneye for the first time.

Wait, is this a "you are old and didn't see Bond movies" thing, or a "I'm a youngin and can't remember _real_ Bond movies" thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hidahl
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
PaladinX13 wrote:

Golden Eye was the first Bond I saw too, and that was only less than a year ago. I'm ignorant enough about Bond movies to not know whether to be ashamed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ignisphaseone wrote:
Wait, is this a "you are old and didn't see Bond movies" thing, or a "I'm a youngin and can't remember _real_ Bond movies" thing?

Depends on your age I saw Golden Eye when it first came out. I was twelve at the time and saw no Bond movie beforehand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yan
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So ? Any progress on this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rayne Smith
United States
Beaverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhab wrote:

I received an email in response, but nothing since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zhab wrote:

No progress made in the past ten days. I still did not see "The Man with the Golden Gun"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.