Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Posey
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So when a company gets taken over and the markers removed from the board, can those particular markers ever be placed back on the board, or are they permanently removed from the game? The rules are not completely clear about this, and it can really make a difference since one of the end conditions is for all of the markers of a company to be used.

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Sutherland
United Kingdom
(just) West of London
Middlesex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are removed from the game!

I know someone who plays, a s a variant, that they are available again, but I have never played that (nor do I intend to).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Because one of the end game conditions is depleting the tokens you remove them from the game. If you want the game to go on longer then you could re-introduce them back to the reserve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Elsenheimer
United States
Howard City
MI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is an important point which is easy to miss due to the wordings in rulebooks. Not only does the markers' permanent removal add to the gameplay tension and game end conditions, it shortens the game time.

The first time I played this, all the players were new to the game and we missed this rule. The game went on much longer than it should've, and one of our players who disliked economic games added another instance to her list of bad instances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.