Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Wood
United States
Skokie
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the southeast corner of the Buffalo area, next to where the 5 American units are printed on the board, there are two areas that look like they touch just at their corners. Are these two areas supposed to be adjacent? Or do you have to move through Buffalo to get from one to the other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Adam
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Congratulations. You have just discovered the secret message.
badge
Please send your answer to Old Pink, care of the Funny Farm, Chalfont.
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting question, as it appears to be the only place on the board where two areas meet exclusively on one corner only. I would imagine that these regions are not adjacent as they do not share a common border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeph Stahl
Canada
Grimsby
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.thebrickbrewery.com
badge
www.thebrickbrewery.com
mbmbmbmbmb
These two diagonal touching spaces are not adjacent.
Units would have to move through the Buffalo space to reach one another.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Drazen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've always played the corner-only space as not touching.

Unless Buffalo/Williamsburg is occupied and thus impassable, though, it won't really matter. The number of spaces in between all movements is the same.

I think this has come up exactly once for me so far in over a half-dozen games (Canada had Buffalo strongly and Williamsburg weakly, and it would have been "easier" for the USA to take Williamsburg first).

It's a very odd space, though. Its use seems to be sharply limited. I can only imagine 2 scenarios where you would want to use it as-is:

(1) CD for Native Americans - move them back in to Buffalo/Williamsburg later to hope for a "flee" roll to weaken American forces.

(2) CD for USA - if large army rolls into Buffalo/Williamsburg and your whole army CD's, maybe move back a square then attempt to retake with a larger army.

For contrast, the empty spaces north of York, Caldwell/Prescott, and Montreal can all potentially be used to bypass an occupied region. But not this one USA square. It's... kind of an anomaly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.