GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,720 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a table for awards that you can give to UBoat Commanders(a little bookkeeping will be needed)---the same as they did for "Silent War";if you want to see what these awards mean,you can go to www.uboataces.com
TABLE....

Check if the commander is eligible for an award check

The following criteria are the only times an award check may be made for a UBoat:

Participation in a successful War Event:Special Mission*
Sunk 4 or more ships in one patrol
Sunk 15,000 or more tonnes in a patrol

*A successful war event:special mission is one where all criteria are met(i.e the Required amount of uboats enter the SMZ etc.).Participation in a successful war event will also recieve a Service or Campaign Medal.

Roll 2d10 and apply the following DRM's:

Add 1 if UBoat was damaged during patrol
Add 1 if a Combat Event occurred
Add 1 per ship more than 4 sunk
Add 1 if any of the ships was Allied Navy Ships(not per Navy Ship)
Add an additional 2 if any of the ships sunk was a capital ship(CA,CV,or BB)
Add + per 15,000 tonnes or more as the table states below:

0-15,000 +0
16,000-25,000 +1
26,000-35,000 +2
36,000-45,000 +3
46,000-55,000+ +4

CROSS-REFERENCE THE RESULTS WITH THE AWARD:

0-10 No Award
11-17 The Iron Cross
18-19 Knight's Cross
20-21 Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves
22-23 Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves and Swords
24-25 Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds
26-27 Knight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves,Swords and Diamonds
28+ German Cross

:subsequent awards of the same type are denoted by adding a diamond(up to 3 diamonds),for Knight's Cross and up.If you get awarded the Iron Cross more than once.First time you are awarded Iron Cross,it's 3rd class,next 2nd class,and third time Iron Cross 1st Class,after that it's nexts medal up.

Hope you enjoy the Table and "HAPPY HUNTING"!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Lopez
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, good chrome for the game. A question, what happens if I have been awarded with a Iron Cross, make another check and get another IC????

Thanks again.

Pedro.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You get one "Oak Leaf" on one side of the Iron Cross(can't find what side they put it on first),then an Oak Leaf on the other side;if more Times you are awarded the "Iron Cross" your given "Swords",one on one side than one on the other side;(don't quote me on this),and if any more Iron Cross awards you earn I think your given the next Medal up on the list,plus your given a UBoat Medal.Hope this helps.P.S.....If you want a nice small pic of the medals,that UBoat site I stated has them.....I'am mounting them on cardboard ,so I can place the medal next to or on top of the UBoat,it makes for a nice touch.
Remember,in real life the Medal would be given to the commander,but for game purposes it is asigned to the UBoat
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most likely a better way of keeping track of your awards and medals,is place(glue to page) all the medals and the their pics(leave spaces under them so you can write in the UBoats that won that type of medal)on a page;this will help for those players that don't like to clunter the map(plus you can use this way to keep track of your medals incase they get knocked about on the map).Just idea I had,other players in time will probly come up with better ideas----That what makes the BGG great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CORRECTION:(Iron Cross with oak leaves and swords are wrong);it was Iron Cross 3rd class,then 2nd,then 1st class;after that you go up to the next medal which was the Knight's Cross....I made the corrections on my table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Knaff
msg tools
Very nice! I love this idea, adds a little more "role playing" element. As BdU I'll take special pride in handing out decorations to my most successful captains. arrrh

Question about the table, though: Why is "German Cross" the highest achievable award? It just happens to be the last in the list on the uboataces.com website you quote, but that is no indication about its rarity. According to that same webiste, some 530 of these were handed out to U-Boat crews, compared to just 144 Knights Crosses, and pretty much countless Iron Crosses. So I think the German Cross belongs above the Iron Cross but below the Knight's Cross, wouldn't you agree?

Btw, one could make a subdivision of Iron Cross 2nd class (very common, 4.5 mio awarded in WW2), and Iron Cross 1st class (fairly common, 300k awarded). Afaik there was no Iron Cross 3rd class.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone Newby
Canada
Tupperville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good research!;I agree with you wholeheartly---I made up the idea of the "Iron Cross 3rd class",as a way of putting one more step before advancing to the next level(its up to the players if they want to use it).The table is there for you to change around to your own liking(to my mind that's the fun of it--I got you started so feel free to go crazy).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Statham
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
sguard wrote:
Good research!;I agree with you wholeheartly---I made up the idea of the "Iron Cross 3rd class",as a way of putting one more step before advancing to the next level(its up to the players if they want to use it).The table is there for you to change around to your own liking(to my mind that's the fun of it--I got you started so feel free to go crazy).

Instead of the IC3, could use the award of the Submarine Badge instead - slightly more historically accurate (ish)

Alan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.