Sean Davis
United States
Craig
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Come on; the regular Heroclix lines get cops to go alongside the superheroes, and random thugs to serve the villains. Yet, with Star Trek, we get the Enterprise bridge crew, and that's it? The only other Trek stuff in Heroclix would look really stupid fighting Kirk and crew; a few people against a squad of Klingon ships? Really?

I'm posting this in the hopes that maybe Wizkids will get some idea from my complaint. I want some Klingon warriors, and maybe some Romulans, too. While we're at it, I'd like to see generic crew for various races. Pull from classic and new Trek. Some Klingons could wear the helmet from the new universe, some could look like the TMP and forward, and others could be TOS. That gives a lot of room for figures immediately. Reuse of sculpts would be easy, and some characters would be ready made for variants. A common "Gary Mitchell" with no remarkable abilities to work with Kirk and crew, and a rare one that has a ridiculous point cost and can serve as a squad all by himself.

Personally, I don't care about the Heroclix rules. I don't like the game, itself, but I like the miniatures, and I'd pay for them. Given how hard it is to find good knock-off figs of Star Trek stuff, I suspect a lot of gamers would like to have some Heroclix figs they could use for things like Prime Directive RPG, or any of a number of other Trek games. (Personally, I'm using adapted rules from Silver Fox's USX system, for skirmish level gaming, but that's only one of many uses...)

Please, please, please, Wizkids; give us some character level Trek minis besides just the main crew you've already put out!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I took the Heroclix miniatures and did this...

You are correct however... There is no one for them to fight.

I am trying to find miniatures that might transform well into Klingons... but no luck so far.

Anyway I hope wizkids hears us... We want MORE!!!!!

Later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Cannis wrote:
I took the Heroclix miniatures and did this...

You are correct however... There is no one for them to fight.

I am trying to find miniatures that might transform well into Klingons... but no luck so far.

Anyway I hope wizkids hears us... We want MORE!!!!!

Later

Lol! I've been searching too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I found this guy... with a little effort (and a different head) he might make a decent Klingon Captain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
swirv
msg tools
The mini game with just Kirk and Spock has Klingon tokens, along with a fold-out cardboard map and some other things that go along with the scenario. Obviously they aren't as good as real figures, but better than nothing I guess.

More info here:
http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422563
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info... but tokens are not what I am looking for. I think its just a disappointment that every license holder of the Trek franchise for the last 20 Plus years has been reluctant to manufacture character miniatures for roll play. WIZKIDS started off with such promise too...

First the core characters from the movie... then additional sculpts of the primary characters... and then... Nothing... oh wait... Klingon tokens??? that's just as good as nothing as far as I am concerned.

Klingons... Romulans... Gorn... some generic crew... Redshirts. Miniatures we can use for official Wizkids gaming and for other more "in depth" roll play is what we were hoping for. With all the Characters, adversaries and villains from across the eras of Trek to choose from, and all we get is a batch of primary characters from the most recent movies... with no one for them to even fight???

Disappointing.

Considering the amount of depth Wizkids puts into its DC and Marvel lines, us Trek fans feel as though we have been left wanting... especially considering the wealth of races and characters available across Trek lore.

Later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.