GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,019 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

John Gordon
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These cards are played after the relevant attack is rolled, generally reducing the effectiveness of the attack to a lower column. In my current game I played #30 Andrei Yeremenko and my opponent responded with a request for a reroll (#16 Knights Cross wearers, #43 Heroes of the Soviet Union). This reroll was conducted with the reduced odds as applied by the first card.
Is this legal and with the intent of Rule 5.0 Appropriate timing? Or does the card text (cards #28, #29, #30) "play after the attack is rolled" imply that the option for a reroll has expired?
Any thoughts on this from experienced No Retreat players out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
johnrgordon wrote:
These cards are played after the relevant attack is rolled, generally reducing the effectiveness of the attack to a lower column. In my current game I played #30 Andrei Yeremenko and my opponent responded with a request for a reroll (#16 Knights Cross wearers, #43 Heroes of the Soviet Union). This reroll was conducted with the reduced odds as applied by the first card.
Is this legal and with the intent of Rule 5.0 Appropriate timing? Or does the card text (cards #28, #29, #30) "play after the attack is rolled" imply that the option for a reroll has expired?
Any thoughts on this from experienced No Retreat players out there?

Very good question!

Since rule 5.3.2 states:

[5.3.2] Event Precedence: When there is a conflict between Event text and the Rules, the Event text takes precedence.

Then YES the reroll can be made.

If not satisfied with this explanation, then case apply the following rule:

Page 4, section 5, Appropriate Timing.

If both players play a card at the same time, the player whose side has the Initiative (12.9) decides their play order; either his card first, or his opponent’s.

P.S: I should have made a rule covering conflict between event cards' text!!!! So here is a new rule...

[5.3.5] Event Card Precedence: When there is a conflict between two played Event Cards texts, the Last played Card takes precedence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gordon
Australia
Adelaide
SA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Carl for the response. Your after sales service is second to none. You gave yourself a challenge designing a game in which cards can effect play - leading to hundreds (thousands) of card combinations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.