David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

the 2.3 update has been posted on Alex's site http://cryhavocgames.net/Outlaws.htm

Is has been put in the 2nd Edition complete zip.

What is new in 2.3?

Short answer not much – this is a consolidation of all the existing rules and some rewriting for clarification. If you already have a copy of 2.2 then there is no great need to print this off.

Changes and clarifications:
• Doors no longer require an action to close.
• Steady aim – no longer has the +1 wound draw. The feedback I have had is to make cover more effective, this will help a little.
• Shotguns now use the large calibre rule – red sided wounds are +1.
• You can now shoot at horses. • All actions - Shooting a rifle or shotgun with one hand - A character may fire a rifle or shotgun which they are holding in one hand. Shooting using a favored hand halves the gun die. Shooting with a non-favored hand quarters the gun die (round down). In both cases do not use any weapon skill. Only one wound counter is drawn. No Snapshot may be taken with the weapon.
• Add to (addition in italics) Draw, hold, pickup or stow a 2 handed object* - used to move a rectangular object counter (two handed) between the board and the held or carried box of a character's card. An object must follow the sequence below i.e. an object cannot go straight from a board square to carried without first being held. Map Square - Held – Carried A character may place the object in both hands, in which case it can be used as normal. Or the object may be held in one hand, place object vertically, such an object may not be used unless by a special action such as shooting a long gun with one hand.

That is it!

Consolidated scenarios are just that, no changes, but includes all the published scenarios so far. The playaid includes optional rules and some tweaks to the action chart. Solo play aid has only word and minor changes.

Also in the complete download are the first three draft historical scenarios...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! have to get this back out again for a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vinicius Vasconcelos
Brazil
Venâncio Aires
RS
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, there are a lot of files, and I'm little confused.
What files I need to print? All of them?

It look like a great game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Marcus, thank you, the game has grown over the years - I should get around to organizing it more clearly. You can try the intro version of the game which requires the least printing. This will give you enough to see how you like the game.

You will need -

Introduction zip:
* Introductory shootouts
* Newspaper and telegraph board
* Characters
* read me first.
* Consolidated rules 2.3 (these are all the rules for all expansions - all the rules needed for play are on the playaid)

The playaid has been updated and is in the complete download:
* Playaid 2nd Edition 2.3

You can play several scenarios using the above - when/if you want more of the system then look at Consolidated Scenarios 2.3 and then choose and print what you need - no files are duplicated.

Thanks for your interest in the game - hope you enjoy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Dave,

I'm starting to go over the newest edition of the rules. I like the way you have organized the rules, scenarios, optional rules and historical scenarios. Perhaps the Dalton Gang scenario will fall into the historical scenario section.

I'm only reading the regular rules, and they are in many instances more clear and easier to understand. There is mention of a new wound counter, I guess it is called "Bleed". Has this counter been included on any of the PDF sheets? I can't seem to find it. As for the application of a "bleed" wound, I assume this counter, when drawn, would only apply if the character already had a wound. Otherwise, it would not be used. I also assume the bleed counter reduces the action track by one, until removed by using all of a characters remaining actions. This is a great idea to add to the "wound cup"!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi David sorry for the tardiness in my reply - I have been a bit under the weather.

Thanks for the encouragement on the rewrite - I am always looking for better ways to organize and present things.

The 'bleed' wounds first appeared in Tuwa expansion. You might be over-thinking the 'bleed' a little - it is just an additional kind of wound, no pre-existing condition is required for its use. If the rules are unclear I will look over them. The counters can be found on the second Tuwa counter sheet (the ones with the bows and spears).

Thanks again for your support...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem, I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Okay, now that I have seen the bleed counters, I understand how they are used. I had an earlier version of the Tuwa expansion that did not include the 2nd sheet of counters. These are a great addition to the "wound cup"!

Now that I've praised you for the better organization of everything, why is the Tuwa expansion not included in the "2nd Edition Complete". Was the Tuwa expansion simply too recent to be included?

Thank again,
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Tuwa rules are in the consolidated rulebook. Over Easter I will look over all the files and make sure they are in some logical order blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Wasson
United States
Erie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you are correct! Page 16, "The Tuwa"! Sorry I missed it!

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MoonSylver
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need to check these out & see what changes I need to intergrate.
---MS
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Jones
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Hi David,

I'm a latecomer to your game of Outlaws, but I'm liking what I see very much.

I downloaded version 2.3 from Cry Havoc, and noticed that the Sample Historical Outlaws Scenarios file is only a sample. Do you have a full version of this file, please.

Appreciatively,
Barry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Murray
United Kingdom
Driffield
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Barry - I will track down the draft...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.