Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the game for my daughter and don't actually have it in my possession now, so cannot see the exact rules. One question that came up with the Magic Lasso (or whatever it's called) and the Alliance card was:
when a dragon is placed 'behind' another dragon, does that just mean that the front tip of the dragon stand is placed 'behind' the other dragon, or, rather, must the entire dragon figure be placed behind the entire dragon figure of the dragon?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
See my other thread regarding translation errors, but basically the German rules state that if you play the lasso card, you may pull a dragon "back" to your position. The dragon pulled back cannot bump another dragon in the process of ending in its final position, and will end in a position that is still forward of your dragon. The lassoed dragon's player gets to position the facing of their dragon.

Since it cannot bump another dragon, it would finish in a position in front of but not touching your dragon. I also read this to mean that if there were an intervening dragon when pulling it back, the dragon pulled back would have to stop in front of the intervening one. This is because it cannot bump another dragon in the process.

The same positioning rules apply to alliances. Your dragon is place behind but not touching the alliance dragon.

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This still does not totally answer my question though:
What does "behind" mean? Does it mean "totally behind" the dragon figure, or rather, could the dragon be placed adjacent to the lead dragon with only the frontmost portion of the leading dragon ahead of the frontmost portion of the one "behind" it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ubergeek
United States
Washougal
Washington
flag msg tools
Be Happy in your Game!
badge
I spent 100 Geek Gold and all I got was this lousy overtext message!
mbmbmbmbmb
The figure in the rules shows that it can be pulled back anywhere so long as in its final position it is still ahead of your dragon and not bumping another one. The figure shows the pulled back dragon as adjacent and ahead so I would say you don't need to be totally behind it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.