Operation (7)
2x Aggressive Negotiation ●●
3x Hedge Fund
2x Power Grid Overload ●●

Upgrade (4)
1x Akitaro Watanabe ●●
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY
1x Corporate Troubleshooter

I am trying to see if I can use Project Vitruvius as a replacement for archived memories, so you will note it isn't in the deck. Also the 1 Akitaro and 1x CT are because I am putting this together with one core set.

I'm also not married to Aggressive Negotiation, so feel free to tell me that's stupid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Lupo
Italy
Lecce
Puglia
flag msg tools
mb
I'd take out Akitaro, Aggressive negotiations and Pop Up Window, add 3 Tollbooths and a Wall of Thorns and switch the Private Security Force with another Advanced Beta Test. Try and find a space for an Heimdall or two, maybe instead of sherlock.

Also I never tried Snare! in HB, i'd rather run Archer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your deck seems to be dabbling in a bit to many things and should probably be more focused.

Starting with agendas I would either drop manditory upgrades or go all in adding the 3rd and putting in sansan. Also if you went that route I would drop private security force and priority requisition and put in more beta tests. That way if you score a manditory upgrades or have a Sansan you can score everything out of hand and it will always take 4 agendas to win.

Your assets are interesting and can work well. We are seeing more and more good resources so even without something that uses tags they can be useful. I would say you might want to run pad instead of melange but if runners aren't constantly destroying it before you can use it more power to you and edge of world is great in conjunction with melange so I would probably keep it for now.

Now when it comes to ice I have a lot of suggestions. Dont run Janus, it is far to expensive and even with the chance of cheating it out it is a dead draw for a long period of time. Personally I just don't think it is worth it especially with emergency shutdown coming into existence. I thin you need more hard etr ice. Something like drop some of your influence operations for tollbooths. But basically you probably want 3 tollbooths and 3 heimdalls for stopping power. I like viper but haven't had the chance to test it, enigma might be better but it should be tested before it gets changed. Sherlock can be interesting but you have to be careful against noise.

I would take out both weyland operations power grid overload is way to expensive and situational and aggressive negotiation just isn't that good. I would probably put in archived memory just because of its utility.

For upgrades if you went full mandatory upgrades put some as sansans in maybe red herrings if you don't have more than one just remember you have to Rez it with Ashe if you want them to work together. If you still have the influence for akitaro you can leave him if not drop him.

Those are my suggestions more power to you if you don't agree. However I really do believe you should go all or nothing with mandatory upgrades which tend to like a lot of upgrades to protect/speed it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
DOAisBetter wrote:
Your deck seems to be dabbling in a bit to many things and should probably be more focused.

Starting with agendas I would either drop manditory upgrades or go all in adding the 3rd and putting in sansan. Also if you went that route I would drop private security force and priority requisition and put in more beta tests. That way if you score a manditory upgrades or have a Sansan you can score everything out of hand and it will always take 4 agendas to win.

Your assets are interesting and can work well. We are seeing more and more good resources so even without something that uses tags they can be useful. I would say you might want to run pad instead of melange but if runners aren't constantly destroying it before you can use it more power to you and edge of world is great in conjunction with melange so I would probably keep it for now.

Now when it comes to ice I have a lot of suggestions. Dont run Janus, it is far to expensive and even with the chance of cheating it out it is a dead draw for a long period of time. Personally I just don't think it is worth it especially with emergency shutdown coming into existence. I thin you need more hard etr ice. Something like drop some of your influence operations for tollbooths. But basically you probably want 3 tollbooths and 3 heimdalls for stopping power. I like viper but haven't had the chance to test it, enigma might be better but it should be tested before it gets changed. Sherlock can be interesting but you have to be careful against noise.

I would take out both weyland operations power grid overload is way to expensive and situational and aggressive negotiation just isn't that good. I would probably put in archived memory just because of its utility.

For upgrades if you went full mandatory upgrades put some as sansans in maybe red herrings if you don't have more than one just remember you have to Rez it with Ashe if you want them to work together. If you still have the influence for akitaro you can leave him if not drop him.

Those are my suggestions more power to you if you don't agree. However I really do believe you should go all or nothing with mandatory upgrades which tend to like a lot of upgrades to protect/speed it up.

The reason I didn't go all in with the Mandatory Upgrades is that even with SanSan it is still so expensive to score. Of course after the first one it becomes easier.

If I took out Agressive NEgotiations and Power Grid Overload, I could stick SanSan in there and Archived Memories.

I do happen to really like Sherlock. And as far as Janus, I could easily make the swap there for two Heimdall. I originally had Enigma, but someone convinced me to put Viper in there. But you're right, it needs to be tested.

As far as Power Grid Overload, I know it is expensive, but you can also start trashing Consoles with it (although I'd probably have no chance versus Shaper without spending a ton). I want to play a few games with it to see if it gets use, and then either keep or trash it. But I couldn't put in SanSan if I don't get rid of it (unless I get rid of some Snare or Edge of the World). I'd probably use that influence just for Toolbooth. I want to try and keep that Pop-Up Window in there to try it out.

And those are my thoughts.

I do understand that I may be a bit scatterbrained in the deck itself, that tends to be my problem, I want to do too many things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Norris

Austin
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well if you decide that mandatory upgrades isn't working for you you can always just go project Vitruvius, abt, and priority requisition. Or you can run all 2 pointers with project Vitruvius, abt, private security force, and one mandatory upgrades just to round it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Almeida
msg tools
mbmb
If you want to play a Vitruvius based deck, you should have some operations that can abuse it. Hedge Fund is nice, because you can spam it and make 12 credits in a turn (almost two Melange Mining Corp at once!). I believe that one of the best things to spam with Vitruvius would be Precognition.

Precognition will keep your R&D under control, and have great sinergy with Accelerated Beta Test, which you should be running too.

I don't think that 19 ICEs are enough, specially with Accelerated Beta Test. I'd run something between 22~24 ICEs. I loved the inclusion of Pop Up Window, and I think you should use more, it is a nice card.

Here's how I would start trying:

ID: Haas Bioroid, Engineering the Future

Agenda (9)
3x Accelerated Beta Test
2x Mandatory Upgrades
2x Priority Requisition
2x Project Vitruvius

Asset (6)
3x Adonis Campaign
2x Melange Mining Corp
1x PAD Campaign

Ice (24)
3x Chum (3)
3x Heimdall 1.0
3x Ice Wall (3)
3x Ichi 1.0
3x Janus 1.0
3x Pop-up Window (3)
3x Viper
3x Wall of Static

Operation (8)
3x Hedge Fund
2x Biotic Labor
2x Precognition (6)
1x Shipment from Mirrormorph

Upgrade (2)
2x Ash 2X3ZB9CY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
One additional thought,

What about taking out Aggressive Negotiation and using the influence to put in two Chums or Senseis? I feel they both work kinda well with Bioroid ICE.

Alternatively, I also could just use the extra for 2xPop Up Window.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Asher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drop negotiations and overload. Get more snare!. Consider your HQ impenetrable once you've got PV scored with a 2 counters and as many snare!s in the trash. When the run on HQ is declared successful, add them to hand. If they're running nerve gas, look forward to insta-flatline.

This is particularly effective if you happen to have tricked the runner into an edge of world beforehand.

If you drop enough influence to pick up two chum, that could prove interesting with the above as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MD Chis
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mb
How are you keeping the runner out? You don't have Enigma (which means you don't have a reliable ETR Code Gate). Chimera is a drain on your economy (always a negative) and you should probably treat it more like an event than an ice. Viper is inconsistent. It's great until it's terrible (they have link).

Why is your economy going into cards like Edge of the World, Snare, Power Grid Overload, and Aggressive Negotiations? While they're all good cards, it is often difficult to kill a good player with them and the only cards in your deck that they become bluffs for are Ash, Corporate Troubleshooter, Akitaro, Melange, and Beta Test. While Edge and Snare are good cards, can your deck handle the economy drain of them for the benefit of protecting the above?

Why PSF over Accelerated Beta Test? Beta Test's activation isn't mandatory and you're playing really long odds of actually being able to use PSF.

Looking at the deck, I can't really tell what your win conditions are. I don't get a clear picture of how the deck is trying to win the game. It looks like the main goal is to recycle Snare and Edge

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
mdc273 wrote:
Why PSF over Accelerated Beta Test? Beta Test's activation isn't mandatory and you're playing really long odds of actually being able to use PSF.

That I did not know. I was under the impression that those things were mandatory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gallagher
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
Syphus wrote:
One additional thought,

What about taking out Aggressive Negotiation and using the influence to put in two Chums or Senseis? I feel they both work kinda well with Bioroid ICE.

My people!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
NanoXstatiC wrote:
Syphus wrote:
One additional thought,

My people!

I didn't get that until I saw your deck

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.