Subject: Cloaking and location tile texts rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Stanford
Canada
Metcalfe
Ontario
flag msg tools
My wife and I are into our second Romulan-Fed game and we've run into the galactic equivalent of a brick wall, rulewise.

First, the easy one:
1. Are cloaked ships affected by the location text of the explored tiles they move through, or not?

Now the tough one, for us anyway:
2. If a cloaked ship ends movement in an unexplored tile (which it must), and another player explores that tile on his/her turn, does the cloaked ship suffer the resulting consequences?

A couple of examples...

My Warbird is sitting peacefully cloaked in unexplored space, minding it's own business, when the Feds come along and flip the tile over, revealing an Inversion Nebula (Any ship that ends its turn in this location must succeed at a Level 10 Sensor Test or take 1 damage).

Since my sensors are disabled due to my cloak, am I basically toast?

Same deal with the Class Y Planet (Any ship that ends its turn...with Shields at 3 or less takes 1 damage). If that gets flipped over while my cloaked ship is sitting there, is it an auto-damage? Do I ignore it? Do I get to decloak first even though it's not my turn?

Any help would be appreciated. My flagship and the pride of the Romulan Empire is in just such a situation, and my Fed wife is about to flip over the tile, but refuses to until we know the answer to this question, because "it will make a big difference to the game". :( Darn uppity Feds.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilias Sellountos
United States
Henrico
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Yes.

2) Yes, but, when the enemy ship explores the tile it is already past the cloaked ship's "end of turn" so any such effects would not affect it unless it actually stays there during its next turn.

Totally unofficial and going out of long memory answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Arcadia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shemar wrote:
1) Yes.

2) Yes, but, when the enemy ship explores the tile it is already past the cloaked ship's "end of turn" so any such effects would not affect it unless it actually stays there during its next turn.

Totally unofficial and going out of long memory answers.

Sounds right to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.