GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,770 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Defenders of the Realm» Forums » General

Subject: Where are the promised new heroes expansions!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
La Habra
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, maybe "promised" is a bit too strong of a word

Sir Launius did say this,
Quote:
The next expansion will either be the Companions and Catacombs or the Troll Alliance, or a couple of new Hero Expansions (we have heroes play tested for at least 8 new heroes


Please, please, PLEASE release new hero expansions! Put them on Kickstarter at the very least. What's the risk?

My wife and I LOVE Defenders. We need more content to keep us busy!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Some news from Richard here about pending releases.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/929498/great-affordable-...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger McKay
Canada
Bedford
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boogalou wrote:

My wife and I LOVE Defenders. We need more content to keep us busy!


Well, you must. You're lucky to have a live-in gaming buddy. I broke up with my last GF, because she refused to play ANY games.

I am lucky if I get to play this more than 3 times a year, so I have no need for expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Launius
United States
Johns Creek
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all let me apologize that many of these plans were delayed by the Eagle Games President. We do have Companions and Catacombs as well as 2 new Heroes Expansions (4 in each pack) are complete from a design and play testing perspective - so they could be produced at any time. As far as previous expansion announcements, it appears there was a disconnect between my primary contact at Eagle Games and the owner of the company. The good news is that they now appear to be aligned with some releases for this year. These are not carved in stone, but at present we are discussing:

Quests of the Realm Expansion

4 Minions miniatures expansions (each with 2 unique race minion types)

A Gate Miniatures expansion


This would make 6 expansions for 2013. Now, Eagle Games could change course, but at present it appears that they will be supporting these expansions. Hopefully these do well in the market and we can look forward to more expansions in 2014.

And if these expansions start becoming a reality as scheduled, I may even get back to finalizing the Troll Expansion.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard
24 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RogMcK wrote:
I broke up with my last GF, because she refused to play ANY games.


Excellent reason, unless she was really hot.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:
First of all let me apologize that many of these plans we delayed by the Eagle Games President. We do have Companions and Catacombs as well as 2 new Heroes Expansions (4 in each pack) are complete from a design and play testing perspective - so they could be produced at any time. As far as previous expansion announcements, it appears there was a disconnect between my primary contact at Eagle Games and the owner of the company. The good news is that they now appear to be aligned with some releases for this year. These are not carved in stone, but at present we are discussing:

Quests of the Realm Expansion

4 Minions miniatures expansions (each with 2 unique race minion types)

A Gate Miniatures expansion


This would make 6 expansions for 2013. Now, Eagle Games could change course, but at present it appears that they will be supporting these expansions. Hopefully these do well in the market and we can look forward to more expansions in 2014.

And if these expansions start becoming a reality as scheduled, I may even get back to finalizing the Troll Expansion.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard

Is there anything us fans can do to help keep Eagle Games on task?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenM wrote:
RogMcK wrote:
I broke up with my last GF, because she refused to play ANY games.


Excellent reason, unless she was really hot.

The day will come when you have to choose: sex or games. Having both is a compromise at best meeple
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Leung
Singapore
flag msg tools
RogMcK wrote:
Boogalou wrote:

My wife and I LOVE Defenders. We need more content to keep us busy!


Well, you must. You're lucky to have a live-in gaming buddy. I broke up with my last GF, because she refused to play ANY games.

I am lucky if I get to play this more than 3 times a year, so I have no need for expansions.


Whoa really? That's harsh! How did your session go? Did she at least try? Sorry. Am just curious have been trying to get my girlfriend to play games with me too and after a few mths, she loved defenders and phew! I felt so relieved...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Falling Waters
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:
StephenM wrote:
RogMcK wrote:
I broke up with my last GF, because she refused to play ANY games.


Excellent reason, unless she was really hot.

The day will come when you have to choose: sex or games. Having both is a compromise at best meeple


Sometimes you don't have to choose, my prostrate made the choice for me when it decided to start growing bad cells.

Wonder if I could design a game about that?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hessen
United States
Merrick
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Launius wrote:

...And if these expansions start becoming a reality as scheduled, I may even get back to finalizing the Troll Expansion.

Thanks for your interest.

Richard


Yes! I have always been interested in this one.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mougios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With all respect Richard, I think it is a big mistake to produce new Heroes, and maybe new Minions miniatures and Gate miniatures.
These are not necessary expansions for our beloved game. What most people would like to see ASAP is New Generals, Companions and Catacombs and the new Troll Expansion, because they give another twist for the story. New miniatures will not change the game, will not make it better, it will just seems better.
But new story expansions (like Generals, Companions & Catacombs, Trolls) will give a new interest to the game.

But maybe this is only my opinion. If anyone other share the same opinion, or has a different one, please say it.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Jersey
United States
Rives Junction
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it will have any effect but I just emailed Eagle Games from their contact page expressing my love for this game and urging them to continue supporting it with expansions and to fully embrace Richard's plans for the future of this game.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LohengrinofArathorn wrote:
With all respect Richard, I think it is a big mistake to produce new Heroes, and maybe new Minions miniatures and Gate miniatures.
These are not necessary expansions for our beloved game. What most people would like to see ASAP is New Generals, Companions and Catacombs and the new Troll Expansion, because they give another twist for the story. New miniatures will not change the game, will not make it better, it will just seems better.
But new story expansions (like Generals, Companions & Catacombs, Trolls) will give a new interest to the game.

But maybe this is only my opinion. If anyone other share the same opinion, or has a different one, please say it.


There is going to be more to these expansions than just "bling", I assure you. Richard has lots of plans and knows what he is doing. If you want to see more Defenders expansions in the future, the best thing you can do is support these. cool
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hulk Hogan
United States
flag msg tools
Companions and Catacombs sounds awesome! Looking forward to it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Mougios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DrCrow wrote:
There is going to be more to these expansions than just "bling", I assure you. Richard has lots of plans and knows what he is doing. If you want to see more Defenders expansions in the future, the best thing you can do is support these. cool


No Rob.
With all respect I will not "eat" whatever a company "serves me", with the hope that some day in the future they - maybe - will produce a good expansion that expands the story of Defenders of the Realm.

I have a Business Administration & Marketing University diploma and worked for 10 years in 2 big companies in that field!! So I know how companies take decisions for new products.

I like very much this game and to "support the wrong products or services so that I will see the correct ones in the future" is a big mistake.

The result of this mistake will be that Eagle Games will take a false feedback and next time they will produce "Heroes#8-12" and "miniatures for Inns".

No, I am not blind. Thank you very much.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bell
United States
Osceola Mills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Scythe!
badge
Life is not a game - games are life.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
LohengrinofArathorn wrote:
DrCrow wrote:
There is going to be more to these expansions than just "bling", I assure you. Richard has lots of plans and knows what he is doing. If you want to see more Defenders expansions in the future, the best thing you can do is support these. cool


No Rob.
With all respect I will not "eat" whatever a company "serves me", with the hope that some day in the future they - maybe - will produce a good expansion that expands the story of Defenders of the Realm.

I have a Business Administration & Marketing University diploma and worked for 10 years in 2 big companies in that field!! So I know how companies take decisions for new products.

I like very much this game and to "support the wrong products or services so that I will see the correct ones in the future" is a big mistake.

The result of this mistake will be that Eagle Games will take a false feedback and next time they will produce "Heroes#8-12" and "miniatures for Inns".

No, I am not blind. Thank you very much.


You have no idea on the details of what is actually planned - and it is more than you think it is. It's going to have some cool stuff, I assure you.

I wasn't suggesting that you "eat" something you won't like or don't want - that would be silly. My suggestion to you is to stop freaking out - Richard knows what he is doing. You may be surprised and delighted by what Richard and Eagle Games have in store. They are not abandoning their fans.

Chill, man. cool
6 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.