Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Tigris & Euphrates» Forums » General

Subject: Missing components in Mayfair 2nd Edition from Funagain Games. Help? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received a copy of Tigris & Euphrates (Mayfair 2nd Edition) this morning. When I opened it, I immediately noticed two tiles from the topmost sheet were missing. Assuming they'd just fallen loose (none of them required much force to punch out) and into the bottom of the box, I punched everything and inventoried all the components. I never found the tiles, which, according to the inventory, were one green tile and one black tile, leaving me short at 29 green and black, respectively.

I've sent a message to Funagain through their support page explaining the situation. Has anyone dealt with their customer support about a similar issue? Do I have any other recourse?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
You might have better luck with the publisher as opposed to the retailer. Try the customer service at Mayfair Games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks; I shot them an email. I didn't provide my Amazon order number, though I stated that I could provide proof of purchase if they were able to help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
I had missing cubes in my copy and Mayfair quickly provided replacements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qwertymartin wrote:

When did you purchase it? The reason I'm freaking out is because the game is out of print.

Oh, hey, and you (and Joel Eddy) are the reason I ordered it! I enjoyed your contribution on The Long View.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Othila wrote:
qwertymartin wrote:

When did you purchase it? The reason I'm freaking out is because the game is out of print.

Oh this was back in 2009 or so. Hopefully they'll still be happy to replace, but you could easily get by marking a couple of the 'blank' tiles you should have got.

Quote:
Oh, hey, and you (and Joel Eddy) are the reason I ordered it! I enjoyed your contribution on The Long View.

Oh cool, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, luckily it's still playable thanks to the blanks, but unlike some people I actually think this edition is quite pretty. Hopefully Mayfair still has some old tokens kicking around...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
United States
Finger Lakes
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just called Mayfair's customer support and someone picked right up and confirmed that they still have a very few tiles kicking around--enough to send me replacements! I made sure to double-check the rest of my components before I called; pretty sure I'm in the clear once they arrive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.