Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen some concerns expressed in various places-- too widely scattered to find a single, obvious place to put this, so I will start a new thread with the subject line distinctly about the point.

To summarize...

A. There is a new push to "go ahead and order the 'locked' stretch goals you really want, even if you don't know if they will be unlocked or not." We appreciate this.

B. But there are questions about "What happens if it doesn't unlock?" Everyone has been reassured that KS allows folks to adjust their pledges and if it gets to be late in the program and you feel, for example, that Pegasus is not going to happen (unlocked at the $90K level) you can remove your pledge $$ for Pegasus.

And that reassurance prompted another question-- What if the push in "Item A" above works very well, but the late removals in item B pushes funding to below other stretch goals that had been reached?

Or, to put into a specific example, say you signed up for Mortars and PIAT and the program passes 65K...but late changes/reductions in pledges drop the final number below 65K... then what happens to your mortars?

And if you pledged for something that did not unlock, do you have any options to make sure you get that item anyway?

I've put this all on the table for Jeff and he will respond right here very soon.

And then we will all know for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, Jeff said a lot in update 13...if there's a check mark next to a Stretch Goal, he'll honor and fulfill it. Seems pretty straightforward ... and Generous to me! Thanks Jeff thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep.

I'll post that right here, so folks don't have to wander looking for it.

There is a 'part 2' coming as well.

Quote:
Update #13 · Feb. 12, 2013 · comment

Hello,

I've mostly had my head down working on elements of Red Devils and upgrades in our manufacturing. There have been questions about the Stretch Goals.

I'll be brief.

If I put a "check" mark by a Stretch Goal, we will honor and fulfill it.

I receive detailed reports of all the pledges and I will monitor for odd things (so if you are seriously planning a $7000 single order, you'd better tell me about it!), but after a review, once I put the check down, you can count on getting that item.

I could write a lot more but I think that says everything.

We have another update explaining "Tactics Modules" and I'm working on that now.

Thanks for your support and enthusiasm, and we appreciate well-considered questions as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's great info and a very generous gesture...
I look forward to part 2.. however i'm pretty sure my wallet doesn't...I think this is now definitely the most i've spent in one foul swoop on one games system..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
StuDecay wrote:
I look forward to part 2.. however i'm pretty sure my wallet doesn't...I think this is now definitely the most i've spent in one foul swoop on one games system..

...or even one fell swoop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that SMG is a real bargain actually. For less than $500 you have a game complete with rules, miniatures and terrain (2D or otherwise). Compared to other Miniatures Games Systems that is a steal! I am a former WAB tournament player with easily over $8,000 investment in that system between rules, supplements and figures. And guess what? Games Workshop discontinued the systemcry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
StuDecay wrote:

that's correct haha - i think the amount this is draining actually means my wallet is telling me it's foul!!
I have no wish to find out what my other half would say, i'm sure she would employ some pretty foul language!!! I'd best make sure Valentines goes without a hitch!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carthagenj wrote:
I see that SMG is a real bargain actually. For less than $500 you have a game complete with rules, miniatures and terrain (2D or otherwise). Compared to other Miniatures Games Systems that is a steal! I am a former WAB tournament player with easily over $8,000 investment in that system between rules, supplements and figures. And guess what? Games Workshop discontinued the systemcry

What's WAB? Warhammer ancient battles?? I thought that was one of thier mainstays?? it always used to be anyways...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
StuDecay wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
StuDecay wrote:

that's correct haha - i think the amount this is draining actually means my wallet is telling me it's foul!!
I have no wish to find out what my other half would say, i'm sure she would employ some pretty foul language!!! I'd best make sure Valentines goes without a hitch!!

Yep...I just got the Lt. Col. SWMBO a little something for Valentines to help soften the blow...but I'll be on the dole for awhile since I pledged rather high, for me. I did get called to jury duty...that'll pay a whopping 7.50 a day...hmm, lets see a hundred days times 7.50... soblue At least I still have my day job

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stanoch
United States
Bradenton
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, WAB = Warhammer Ancient Battles. I played if for 9 years at Historicon, Cold Wars and Fall-In! I was never very good, but I really did enjoy the comraderie and competition. It has since emerged in a new package titled "War and Conquest" (WAC). It is written by Rob Broom - former Manager of GW's Historical Game division.

I failed to say that I also have over $2000 tied up in FOW (Flames of War) rules and miniatures. So I am really looking forward to downsizing with a closed system like SMG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RUBBLE.
Okay, we've got RUBBLE. (Sung to the tune from "the Music Man," 'Rubble..,right here in River City...')

Now we have a longer stretch to get to the next level, but man is it worth a stretch! Three more 5 inch map pieces and two more scenarios (see Update 3) PLUS the winning Guest Star (see Update 8) plus access to the Battle Patrol Module unlock. Jeff will be posting soon giving us a good look at how modules work. So spread the word. Encourage more folks to 'Like' the kick starter page (see Update 10) and lets push this thing forward!

Rubble, right here in river city
And that starts with 'R', And that rhymes with 'Star'
And they're coming next!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Okay, we've got RUBBLE. (Sung to the tune from "the Music Man," 'Rubble..,right here in River City...')

Now we have a longer stretch to get to the next level, but man is it worth a stretch! Three more 5 inch map pieces and two more scenarios (see Update 3) PLUS the winning Guest Star (see Update 8) plus access to the Battle Patrol Module unlock. Jeff will be posting soon giving us a good look at how modules work. So spread the word. Encourage more folks to 'Like' the kick starter page (see Update 10) and lets push this thing forward!

Rubble, right here in river city
And that starts with 'R', And that rhymes with 'Star'
And they're coming next!

Or you could sing it to "Tomorrow" from Little Orphan Annie...

Got rubble, got rubble...you're only a day away

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Different rhyme.

Referring to a post of mine above.

"Part 2-- in a few."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Part 2 made it.
I told you there was something very cool coming.

It's a German custom leader. He is armed with a Gw43, sort of like the German version of the Garand Rifle. And he comes with added abilities. See Update 15 for details.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1649576328/sergeants-min...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stuart glanvville
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's pushed us over the 54k stretch hurrah extra tiles and battle tactics unlocked!
looking forward to hearing about the guest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.