Popular Tags: [View All]
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, Carc warriors! I have a question for the community.

My wife and I recently bought BB3 and on pg. 14 of the rules, in regards to Castles, they show an illustration of a city that they consider "completed" and for the life of me, either I have seriously missed some placement rules, or somebody made an error. Which is it?

I've searched the forums and have not found this question, so I apologize if its been asked and answered already.

But how in the world is the city below complete, or more pointedly, how are the top right and far right tiles even legitimate placements?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If the 4th tile in the second row was rotated counter-clockwise 90 degrees, than it would be completed and would be worth the 20 points they mention. I'm guessing that's where they went wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
dustwhit wrote:
Hello, Carc warriors! I have a question for the community.

My wife and I recently bought BB3 and on pg. 14 of the rules, in regards to Castles, they show an illustration of a city that they consider "completed" and for the life of me, either I have seriously missed some placement rules, or somebody made an error. Which is it?

I've searched the forums and have not found this question, so I apologize if its been asked and answered already.

But how in the world is the city below complete, or more pointedly, how are the top right and far right tiles even legitimate placements?

Thanks

It is obvious to me that it is a misprint and the tile in the middle row, second to last column was inadvertently rotated 90-degrees clockwise. Rotate it back and all should be fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Whitmire
United States
Pilot Point
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DoomTurtle wrote:
If the 4th tile in the second row was rotated counter-clockwise 90 degrees, than it would be completed and would be worth the 20 points they mention. I'm guessing that's where they went wrong.

That has to be it! Wow, thanks, I was wondering if I'd been left out on some crazy new placement rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yee Keat Phuah
Malaysia
flag msg tools
Thanks! I too have BB3 and never realized this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Shoot
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Makes me want to go and look at my Rule Book to see if it has the same error! Good catch!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard L
Australia
Woy Woy
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We've had BB3 for a year or more and only found that problem a couple of weeks ago.

Nice work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.