joel siragher
United States
silver spring
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very sad to read that EC kick starter has been put on hold although you did it for the good.

I definitely will stand behind you and hope you get to kick start again soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Sautman
United States
Evans
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you reprint the message? The update is for backers only and I had not backed it yet, but am interested in their future plans. I guess they have not canceled it yet since it is still showing 27 days to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weaver Project
United Kingdom
Sevenoaks
Kent
flag msg tools
publisher
mb
Here's the message we put up - the project hasn't been cancelled, merely delayed by a few months!

Dearest Backers
Many of you will have received a message from me personally - and if you haven't then its most likely only a matter of time before I reach you.

As you will all see from Kicktraq and on Kickstarter, our project has sadly lost momentum. Over the past week or so we have been simultaneously losing backers who don't see us reaching our target, whilst gaining backers who like our product. As a consequence we have remained near static for too long.

Whilst we have a number of initiatives to bring in new backers, most of these initiatives would only have one shot at being really successful. We would not want to use these on a campaign that may not hit target. Accordingly, we are planning on withdrawing our Kickstarter project and preparing for a new campaign in a few months. I hope that you will agree that we have a fantastic looking game with a sound premise, but until now we have lacked the required exposure to make the big impact that we hoped for.

Now, you may be wondering what it is we feel we can do to make the campaign more successful, and why you should pledge again when the time comes. I therefore set out information below to show what it is we intend to do.

But before I do, I wanted to let you know that we will provide updates of our progress on the cancelled kickstarter page as well as facebook, the website etc. However, if any of you wish to receive personal updates on our progress, or get involved with bringing Empires Collide to the market in the future, then please message us via kickstarter or go to our website http://empires-collide.com/contact-the-team/ and we will add you to our mailing list.

So, to prepare for a future campaign, we intend to:-

CREATE A SPECIAL/REDUCED PRICE REWARD FOR PREVIOUS BACKERS - It cannot be stated enough how grateful we are to those that showed faith in Empires Collide. So, for every backer that comes back to us on the re-launch, we will have a special reward waiting for you in addition to what is on the revised reward structure.
Continue to make ourselves known in the board game community, specifically on Boardgamegeek.com and twitter. This will be achieved through continuous interactions, and also reviewing other board games, so as to become well respected in this field before promoting our product once again. So, if you know of a board game in need of a review, now’s the time to let us know
Submit prototypes to review sites such as The Dice Tower, to enable reviews of our game to go live at the commencement of our next campaign.
Approach gaming groups throughout the UK, allowing them to test Empires Collide and express an interest.
Prepare Empires Collide in a scaled down Print and Play form, so people can experience a scaled down version of the game before committing to a higher pledge (PnP would of course be available as a low kickstarter reward in due course, and those who obtain a PnP version would have discounted rewards on Kickstarter)
Remove the 3d buildings as an original goal and making them a stretch goal instead. Empires Collide is a large game, especially for a new Company. So, if we remove the 3d buildings initially (replaced with alternative components that are less costly to source) we can reduce our primary target by over £15,000.00. The 3D buildings would then form one of the stretch goals at the £40,000 mark.
Remove subsidised postage – We wanted to keep the international postage costs as low as possible by sharing the savings that we were making in domestic postage. By removing this subsidiary we should be in a position to lower our goals by a further £2,000.00 (on the assumption of 2000 backers in total). PLEASE NOTE that this will not apply to any previous backers returning to us, who will continue to benefit from subsidised postage.
As you can see, we have identified how best to move forward, and will continue to do so. We will provide updates of our progress on the cancelled kickstarter page. However, if any of you wish to receive personal updates on our progress, or get involved with bringing Empires Collide to the market in the future, then please message us via kickstarter or go to our website http://empires-collide.com/contact-the-team/ and we will add you to our mailing list.

I want to re-iterate once again how much we appreciate your support – and if anyone has any additional suggestions on how to take the next campaign forward, then please do not hesitate to let me know. We have already received many comments with useful advice and suggestions, but there is no limit to how many comments we can take on board.

Hope that helps!
Trev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.