alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I have two question. In the rules it says that you use tokens to select the phases instead of (emphasizes by me) the action cards. Does it mean that you don't have the bonus in, for example, settle (1 good on 1 windfall world)? In the robot mat only appears the bonus for explore and for trade-consume.

Other question: in the rules doesn´t (emphasizes by me) specify that you also play the phases roled by the robot. Do you play that phases or only the phases you select previously?

Thanks a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
alexandermagno wrote:
In the rules it says that you use tokens to select the phases instead of (emphasizes by me) the action cards.

False. The rules say "Select your two player actions *normally*, but mark them with [...]" (emphasis added). So, the player does get bonuses for the actions the player selects.

Quote:
Does it mean that you don't have the bonus in, for example, settle (1 good on 1 windfall world)?

The settle bonus is to draw 1 card after settling a world. Windfall worlds placed by a player always get a good.

Quote:
In the robot mat only appears the bonus for explore and for trade-consume.

These are not the *player* bonuses; the upper row shows robot actions (for the actions that the robot selects) and the lower row shows robot responses (for the actions that the player selects). See the diagram on page 5.

Quote:
in the rules doesn´t (emphasizes by me) specify that you also play the phases roled by the robot. Do you play that phases or only the phases you select?

You do all phases selected by both you and the robot, receiving bonuses only for the phases you select. See Play, page 5, step 3: "Resolve actions for each selected phase, from left to right, player first."

I think the fundamental confusion here is that you are expecting these rules to fully describe what the player does in addition to what the robot does. That's not how these rules are written.

These rules start by saying, "Use the experienced 2-player rules" (page 4, first line) and then only detail the differences for the robot.

The player plays *normally*, receiving bonuses for the actions they play and performing the actions that their opponent (the robot) selects as well as the actions that the player selects.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alexander stark
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much, Tom. It's a honor for me to have been answered by the creatorblush, really.

It's true, I make a mistake on Settle bonussurprise. I would say Produce bonus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.