Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I understand that a lot of times newer=better - certainly thats true about a lot of the changes done today - love the configurable front page... but in the case of Recent Additions I think the old versions was about as good as it could get:

-easily configurable to different time periods
-could see all changes in ONE page
-grouped articles together in an easy to read format
=great place to catch up quickly after a few days or a week away

I don't see any of those 3 features in the new version - which basically equals that there isn't any place to catch up on everything database related in one place...any chance of bringing back the old version?? Pretty please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far the only change that's better is the configurability of the front page. That is of course in theory only, as we cannot configure it enough yet. Every other change IMO is worse (colors, content, layout). I am reserving my full blown rant until things settle. arrrh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it just me, or are the menus not available until the page fully loads? That is annoying...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
dtolman wrote:
I understand that a lot of times newer=better - certainly thats true about a lot of the changes done today - love the configurable front page... but in the case of Recent Additions I think the old versions was about as good as it could get:

-easily configurable to different time periods
-could see all changes in ONE page
-grouped articles together in an easy to read format
=great place to catch up quickly after a few days or a week away

I don't see any of those 3 features in the new version - which basically equals that there isn't any place to catch up on everything database related in one place...any chance of bringing back the old version?? Pretty please?

Yes the old functionality of Recent Additions and/or Active Article. Pretty Please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aldie has changed the name of the menu item, but it's still not the same. I'm not seeing any new Game entries, or images, and recent additions was restricted to actual game stuff, and didn't include all of the semi-random forum posts, werewolf forum posts, etc. Now I can imagine that no new games or images might have been approved today, the other stuff is a big problem.

I'd offer Aldie some Geek Gold if he put it back

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Eig
United States
Huntington
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Karlsen wrote:

Yes the old functionality of Recent Additions and/or Active Article. Pretty Please.

Heh - Active Articles - thats what I actually meant when I wrote Recent Additions. Doh!

Daniel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.