Popular Tags: [View All]
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Searched the boards but couldn't find the answers.

1) what is the reason the game comes with three ambulance/fire engine tiles?

2) During setup, the rules state to put back into the box one blank POI chit and two victim POI chits. If this is the case for both the Family and Experienced game, what is the purpose of having those three extra POI chits if they are going to be removed from the game each time?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
in case you lose one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Krüger
Germany
Krefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All cardboard pieces come in multiples of three, so each sheet could be punched by the same machine. Not sure if it lowered the costs, but the printer probably liked the idea. And as Travis said, better have one too much than one too less in case you lose one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok cool. thanks for the quick responses!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thamos von Nostria wrote:
All cardboard pieces come in multiples of three, so each sheet could be punched by the same machine. Not sure if it lowered the costs, but the printer probably liked the idea. And as Travis said, better have one too much than one too less in case you lose one.

Using the same template for the puncher ABSOLUTELY saved money.

In this case, it is cheaper to give you an extra that you don't need than to have two tools so that the 3rd sheet doesn't cut out an extra truck/ambulance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:

In this case, it is cheaper to give you an extra that you don't need than to have two tools so that the 3rd sheet doesn't cut out an extra truck/ambulance.

That is what I thought - single template for all three sheets would save money and had it designed that way. But the truth is that it really didn't save money as the die is made to cut a whole sheet, and there fore much bigger than a single token board. I found this out too late to make drastic changes but it did let me add different art for each victim and do the dog & cat that many people like while having extras lets you play with out them if you choose.

Had there not be those extra tokens, I likely would not have included the dog & cat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sgt. Elias
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
byronczimmer wrote:

That is what I thought - single template for all three sheets would save money and had it designed that way. But the truth is that it really didn't save money as the die is made to cut a whole sheet, and there fore much bigger than a single token board. I found this out too late to make drastic changes but it did let me add different art for each victim and do the dog & cat that many people like while having extras lets you play with out them if you choose.

Had there not be those extra tokens, I likely would not have included the dog & cat.

Worked out great then. Different art for each victim, including the pets, truly gives them some personality vs. a generic "victim" token.

Always handy to have an extra game component just in case.

We love this game, one of our favorites for sure. Can't wait for the latest expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lutz Pietschker
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:

That would not have been the same game Glad things turned out as they did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arjen Schouten
Netherlands
Veenendaal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PunTheHun wrote:
T Worthington wrote:

Absolutely! In fact it would be cool to see some expansions in the form of a tank with fishes, some hamsters in a cage... And of course a new board that takes place in a petshop!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flawed Hero
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vargen666 wrote:
PunTheHun wrote:
T Worthington wrote:

Absolutely! In fact it would be cool to see some expansions in the form of a tank with fishes, some hamsters in a cage... And of course a new board that takes place in a petshop!

Yeah...I want to play a firefighter who's going to risk his life for a fish or a hamster...or any animal for that matter shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.