Curt Carpenter
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nickiaq wrote:
...anyone else more in-the-loop than me...what is this "Progress and Liberalization" expansion? It sounds great and that's the only place on the internet I've heard it mentioned.

Why do you think that is? Reread what the description of the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lailonn Lailonn
Poland
flag msg tools
Someone mentioned this expansion here once but it's nothing official so probably just a joke.

It's strange that designer don't say anything and there is no updates on his website at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed - it was just said as a joke...

I have to say, I would love another small expansion just giving more Trend cards, and more variety of objective cards (maybe even separating End Condition from Victory Condition to separate decks).

Beyond that, I'm not suire there is any need for any other expansion.

What the game needs far more is a 2nd edition printing that clears up all the misleading text, and probably with more examples. The game is fantastic, but you have to put some research into the rules before and after your first game to make it work. If that's too much bother (and I accept it rightly is for many groups) then sadly the game won't work for you.

It's a fantastic game played right, but let down by a rulebook that is very readable, but whilst never incorrect, is unlikely to give you the right grasp of the rules by reading it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J M
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What this "colonization" game is missing is the ability for players to interact with each other on the board. Yeah, we can 'negotiate' at certain times, but what if my meeples want your town? Or what if I want to blockade a port? Not in the game now, but why not in the future? It's thematically relevant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Robb
United States
Calais
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

more Evolution cards
more hexes for exploration

some tokens for Cathedral, Colossus, Pyramid, and Statue Evolution cards would be nice
after building you could place token that looked like the object
you just built into your area - make you feel like you had
really accomplished something

otherwise Great Game!cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.