United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
I know Stephen Glenn is too professional and too humble to blow his own horn, so I'm blowing one for him. His newest design, You Must Be An Idiot! is now shipping from R&R games. I've played it six times since New Year's Eve, and I'm very happy to say it is living up to my (high) expectations.

He has packed a surprising amount of meaningful decision-making into a (gasp) trivia game ... it's one of those games that makes me say "wish I'd thought of that". Give it a try. If your friends/family always seem to want to play trivia games but you're sick of the lack of strategy and decisions, then I'd say this game is just what you want.

I've rated it an 8 (very good; like to play; probably will suggest and will never turn down), and what's amazing is that my non-gamer wife gave it the same rating (before I told her my own rating). There are precious few titles in my closet that my whole family will play, so when I find a new one, it's like pure gold. Thank you, Stephen.

And no, he didn't pay me to say any of that. He's as cheap as he is humble. ;-)

-Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the concept of a game where players choose/vote on each other's "stuff", like Apples to Apples. But having to write an answer down is time consuming AND I can tell who wrote it too easily. Otherwise I'd be looking more seriously at this game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just a Bill
United States
Norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
No, I said "oh, brother," not "go hover."
mbmbmbmbmb
Handwriting is not an issue; players don't turn in their answers, but instead read them aloud in turn. Everyone knows everyone else's answer. You're not trying ot discern who gave which answer; you're trying to discern why a particular player wrote down the wrong answer. Did he just not know it? Did he know it but was forced to get it wrong because he's an Idiot? Did he know it but deliberately get it wrong in an effort to trick everyone into thinking he's an idiot? This is the meat of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Cote
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! I misunderstood that part. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.