Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Gallant
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a region wants solar, recycle, and fusion power, can we propose more than 1 solar project in the proposal slots?

As well, it seems like a large chunk of points can come right at the end from CEPs (I got 45 points) and make it too swingy. Anyone else find that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Andrew
Indonesia
Bandung
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you can propose same projects

CEP is big source of VP during end game scoring, but it also depend on the market price. if you find yourself cant compete with other players in the number of CEP, you might as well keep the price low to prevent them gain big VP from it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:
If a region wants solar, recycle, and fusion power, can we propose more than 1 solar project in the proposal slots?

Yes.

Cheeseburger wrote:
As well, it seems like a large chunk of points can come right at the end from CEPs (I got 45 points) and make it too swingy. Anyone else find that?

No.

First, if someone looks to have a large advantage in CEPs, other players intentionally drive the price down.

Second, that's the point. Building power plants is not supposed to be the primary source of points in the game. Rather, players build power plants as a means to gain control of regions (for end game CEPs) and to build experience (for in-game points), and to meet the UN Goals (for in game points). End-game CEP sales only feel "swingy" because you were likely oblivious to them during the game. But they are one of the primary strategic drivers of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E Thomas
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cheeseburger wrote:

Last game I pulled off a hat trick with this one. I wrested Asia region control away in the last round, which led to an expertise track combo of CEP removal from the market, which led to an increase in CEP price of three units. The CEP quantity/value swing was enough to give me a very satisfying win!

As the others have said, CEPs can have an impact on the end game scoring, but you aren't going to be able to walk through the front door with that strategy for long if you are playing with a savvy group. Now that your group is wise to the potential impact, you're gonna have to pull a few tricks to get the CEP economy to fall in your favor...

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burster of Bubbles, Destroyer of Dreams.
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
Just imagine the red offboard up here. I'll create it Real Soon Now...
badge
Yes, I know a proper 18XX tile should have a tile number.
mbmbmbmbmb
IIRC there's even a hint in the rules that players should sell CEPs at the end to drive down what they are worth to the hoarders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.