Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you discard your 6th card for coins then use the Babylon Wonder (side B second stage) to play the 7th card paying for it with the coins just received? Can't seem to find it referenced in the rules. Any help would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Yes you can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric S.
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
allstar64 wrote:
Yes you can.

I just realized I posted in the Cities forum, but thanks, I thought that was the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Meh didn't even notice. It will be moved sooner or later. Most of us are probably subscribed to all the 7W forums anyway so we'll likely see a question asked on any forum.

Babylon's 2 plays are each independent from one another. One happens and then the other happens. Resource cards you used on the first can re-used on the second.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To expound upon this:

Can I use the resources twice to build my last card, or am I out of that resource from playing the first card (those of you who tried lost wonders may know in what this is reference to).

i.e.

We're down to my last play, I've already built my babylon B wonder stage 2, thus i can be play the card I normally discard.

My normal card costs me 2 brick. I use 2 brick and play the card..
My extra card ALSO costs 2 brick. Can I still use the 2 brick to play the card? Or must I now buy from my neighbors brick?

Let's take this further, if we're in cities:

Same scenario:

My normal card costs me 5 coins and 2 brick. I pay 5 coins and use my brick. I play the card.
My extra card also costs me 5 coins and 2 brick. I must pay 5 coins again, correct? So why would I have to pay 5 coins twice in the same turn but not pay brick 4 times in the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Takahashi
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is as if you had an extra turn to yourself, so, you must look for ways to get the resources in case you don't have them, and pay for the coins in case the card requires them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
6element
msg tools
mb
mlssufan01 wrote:

My normal card costs me 2 brick. I use 2 brick and play the card..
My extra card ALSO costs 2 brick. Can I still use the 2 brick to play the card?

Yes.

mlssufan01 wrote:

if we're in cities:

My normal card costs me 5 coins and 2 brick. I pay 5 coins and use my brick. I play the card.
My extra card also costs me 5 coins and 2 brick. I must pay 5 coins again, correct?

Yes.

mlssufan01 wrote:

So why would I have to pay 5 coins twice in the same turn but not pay brick 4 times in the same turn?

You don't "pay" brick (to the bank), you "use" it. If you use word "pre-requisite" instead of "resource" - it'll make more sence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Imagine it this way. Say every age lasts a week and a turn is a day.

You'll notice that all the resource cards you play are not actually resources but places you can get said resource. When you are using resources from them think of it more as you announce to your people that today you are building a structure (say Pantheon). You tell them what you'll need and send your people to get it for you. They get as much as they can from the places you have that produce resources but since they only have a day to get the resources they are limited on how much they can get from each resource place under your control.

Now most wonders work for 6 days and rest on the 7th. Upon building Babylon's 2nd age they have a scientific revelation that by working on the 7th day they can get more done. Hence all resource producing locations which were exhausted on day 6 can be reused on day 7 however any money that the structure would cost needs to still be paid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, wait, Babylon is disobeying God, AGAIN?!?!?! Didn't God wipe out nations for that? So, in that theory, shouldn't Babylon just be completely swept off the board by stage 3 and die?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.