Popular Tags: [View All]
Ronald Dillie
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
hello everyone...

Just found another notation from our first game. Since we have the other two games to draw from, can we use additional decks from the other games or will it affect play balance if the mixing of two decks after the initial use of all four decks is not used. I am assuming your playtesting used the mixed decks as per the instructions. If we are to use the mixed decks then I also assume you keep recycling the other two decks into a mixed deck as the game continues, yes?

Thanx again,

Ron D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Tazman49684 wrote:
Since we have the other two games to draw from, can we use additional decks from the other games or will it affect play balance if the mixing of two decks after the initial use of all four decks is not used......If we are to use the mixed decks then I also assume you keep recycling the other two decks into a mixed deck as the game continues, yes?

Don't get the context of the first part (underlined) of the question. I am assuming that you have multiple copies of the game - so have mutiple draw decks that could be used. If that is the case, can't comment on the impact of using additional draw decks.

Even if using the mixed deck method (as outlined in the rules) - the use of the two largest decks is simply to give a larger set of cards to be shuffled to make the new draw deck. As you continue to use cards, continue to sort them on discard by their backs. Anytime a new draw deck is needed, shuffle the two largest decks to give you the largest TC deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
richard is correct.

Note, if shuffling additional decks into one deck, you will find it quite difficult (or even annoying ) to separate the decks after the game.

Note that it was reported to me once by a gaming group, that they ran out of cards, because they fought very few combats, and russia and france didn't drop out early. If that will ever happen the best idea is to use a traditional poker set: just sort out the aces and one joker. Treat the jake as 11, the queen as 12, and the king as 13.

The impact on game balance if using more decks than provided by the game is not neglectable (since only played cards cab be recycled. This actually means that, if for instance Russia holds a lot of spades these won't be available for Austria unless Russia plays the spades.). But every nation should be able to receive her number of cards each turn. --- Unfortunately we never stumbled over such a situation during play test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Dillie
United States
Traverse City
Michigan
flag msg tools
mb
Both Richards,

Thanx again for the response.

Ron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.